Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

celadon brings to mind nothing but celadon city. /nerd alert

favorite loungewear = these white rlpl sweatpants that our good old andyliu sold to about 350 ppl a year or two ago on b&s no joke. but i did just get a pair of black spurr moto-ish sweatpants w/ zips. was gonna post on your sweatpant discussion, but couldn't get a good pic that didn't have taylor lautner in them lol. thinkin bout them + boots + toj moto when doing errands...

also, i very much recognize that they are not the pinnacle of fashion, nor the clothes towards which most should aspire, but when did w+h replace clarks and j crew as the brand that avant-garde folk ridicule? :/

2. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

this is sad because i like wings+horns :[

that being said... avant-garde clothes dont really suit short people.

3. softy

softy Senior member

celadon brings to mind nothing but celadon city. /nerd alert

favorite loungewear = these white rlpl sweatpants that our good old andyliu sold to about 350 ppl a year or two ago on b&s no joke. but i did just get a pair of black spurr moto-ish sweatpants w/ zips. was gonna post on your sweatpant discussion, but couldn't get a good pic that didn't have taylor lautner in them lol. thinkin bout them + boots + toj moto when doing errands...

also, i very much recognize that they are not the pinnacle of fashion, nor the clothes towards which most should aspire, but when did w+h replace clarks and j crew as the brand that avant-garde folk ridicule? :/

I think I started it. Unobjectionable basics are unobjectionable. (????)

4. cowsareforeating

i really wanted to reply "obvious troll is obvious" but for once, SF is not trolling..

and i concur, i only really own w+h basics.. that and that chambray mountain parka they have <3

now softy, how does one go about wearing that drapey shirt you have for sale?
    i am in some need of education and you, sir, look like a teacher. a well dressed one.

5. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

^^this is true, i suppose, and makes for poor discussion and great sizing questions.

6. softy

softy Senior member

Am I selling a shirt? Huh. I think you are referring to the knit? Something like this: [​IMG] Sorry for nip exposure Also, I meant to say that there is something inherently irritating about things that are unobjectionable, but I don't have the energy to elaborate. Too winded from cleaning up dust bunnies !!

7. cowsareforeating

sorry softy, somehow confused you with prada_ferragamo :O
    hes selling that julius knitthing... kind of like what is in your first pic

as i suspected :[ i am not tall enough to wear such things.

also... although w+h is so unobjectionable (mostly) i do like the texture on the henleys, and yes I am aware they get old

also check your fs thread brother

8. softy

softy Senior member

I see, that makes sense. I was surprised that you would consider me well-dressed, since I tend to wear disgusting, ill-matched rags.

Anyway, I'm running an experiment right now to see if Uniqlo heat-tech garments will dry in <3 hours. Let's pray the answer is yes!

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

I see, that makes sense. I was surprised that you would consider me well-dressed, since I tend to wear disgusting, ill-matched rags.

Anyway, I'm running an experiment right now to see if Uniqlo heat-tech garments will dry in <3 hours. Let's pray the answer is yes!

How's the quality? I should have kopped some when I was in NYC.

10. softy

softy Senior member

The longjohns are fine, the tnecks are nice looking but sweat like a mother. It's stupid. Basically makes you sweat to stay warm. I wear them sometimes, but I usually end up infuriated by it. Get something with natural fibers instead.

11. cowsareforeating

speak of the devil...

if you're looking for under garments that wont be showing, can't go wrong with merino base layers from more technical brands...

granted i am a rock climber and that is a biased opinion

12. Prada_Ferragamo

The price is not bad for under shirts. IIRC 19.99 for long sleeves.
    Got some J+ pieces instead, there were some cute Azns at the store at the time.

13. Prada_Ferragamo

speak of the devil...

if you're looking for under garments that wont be showing, can't go wrong with merino base layers from more technical brands...

I just randomly wandered into this thread. lol. I saw your post earlier. You have to be tall and have slim arms and shoulders to wear that Julius. I am neither.

14. softy

softy Senior member

speak of the devil...

What about garments that ARE showing?? I need at least 45 turtlenecks in my rotation.

15. cowsareforeating

I just randomly wandered into this thread. lol. I saw your post earlier. You have to be tall and have slim arms and shoulders to wear that Julius. I am neither.

yeah you and me both. i almost wanted to give it a try, but then stopped my delusions.

wish i were a normal skinny asian kid, although my height/weight suggest that ~5'6 and 130. too bad my im not that skinny frame wise... sigh

acteryx veilance isn't ugly. just extremely overpriced.

but yes, outdoor clothes are fugly as shit. i think im going to go buy a sheep and make my own sweaters...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.