Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

I agree about the TOJ, but I disagree with the part about not being able to get much on B&S/ebay with 700.
    You just have to be patient. My post in RP yesterday of: F+B boots, Jil cash-silk tneck, current season BoO shirt, MMM wool knit, and PS shoes = Less than 700. Actually I think it might've been under 600...

edit: Also, I can see a moto working well for GN, seems like it would fit his personality/ what he seems to want to do.

[​IMG] Quite impressive.

It is kinda different tho if you know exactly what you want and you want it new since I'm sure you had to wait quite a bit and your haul came in varying used conditions. Plus TOJ is obviously a bit of a different case since it can be custom fitted. But mad respect for being able to pick that stuff up.

I'd been avoiding B&S for a few months, solely on account of having to spend so much time on it as a noob, but recently I just spend 15 minutes a couple times a day skimming through stuff. Much easier once you get a general idea of what you like.

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Is there something intrinsically bad about fixies beside the hipster connotations? I might be in the bicycle market pretty soon and the one I've seen from Linus looks really attractive, like something Daniel Torres would draw underneath a Spanish damsel.

3. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

I'd been avoiding B&S for a few months, solely on account of having to spend so much time on it as a noob, but recently I just spend 15 minutes a couple times a day skimming through stuff. Much easier once you get a general idea of what you like.

just subscribe to the rss feeds for the forums. its much easier that way

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Is there something intrinsically bad about fixies beside the hipster connotations? I might be in the bicycle market pretty soon and the one I've seen from Linus looks really attractive, like something Daniel Torres would draw underneath a Spanish damsel.

They're definitely more difficult to ride than free-wheel bicycles, they're kind of irritating to ride down steep hills (since you can't coast), and you can't downshift when you go uphill. They're definitely better for flatter terrain (e.g., good in Chicago, bad in San Francisco). Also, not all of them are drilled for dual brakes. I highly recommend getting one that is, and having both front and rear brakes installed. This actually makes it a safer bike, since you can stop on a dime when you're using both your hand brakes and your legs to slow yourself down. A fixie without brakes screams "try-hard hipster with a death wish" and confers no advantages to the bicyclist other than street cred with a select group of dumbasses.

5. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

Do yourself a favour and just buy an entry level road bike. Spandex not recommended

6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Do not I repeat do not introduce her to nice stuffs.

Set the bar low friend and you will be handsomely rewarded.

Haha. I will update on what happens to the Mrs. after this holiday season. Already copped a Schneider sweater for her and she has some nice Rag and Bone Knits coming her way. Mine is pretty good with her non-designer style though and she definitely appreciates the nice clothes, but she's very budget conscience and I actually like that about her. So I decided I would assist with some of those nice things that I know she likes but can't bring herself to buy on her own.

7. softy

softy Senior member

health and body subforum is the weirdest also riot at american apparel sample sale: [​IMG] btw, i was talking to this woman and she was going off about nom de guerre or some shit, didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about, and then she said "yeah and then they did nom des garcons blah blah" and i was like wut. the mere idea sounds ridiculous. nom de guerre × comme collab? was she just stringing together words that sounded vaguely similar?

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

What the fuck is wrong with Aloharag? They emailed me that the hi tops I bought are in stock in New York, but they want to ship it from New York to Honolulu then back to me in Atlanta. The fuck? Does anyone have any experience as to how long it takes to get an order from Aloharag?

9. touchthesky

touchthesky Senior member

From Honolulu, they use Fedex Express for international at least (2 days).

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Haha. I will update on what happens to the Mrs. after this holiday season. Already copped a Schneider sweater for her and she has some nice Rag and Bone Knits coming her way. Mine is pretty good with her non-designer style though and she definitely appreciates the nice clothes, but she's very budget conscience and I actually like that about her. So I decided I would assist with some of those nice things that I know she likes but can't bring herself to buy on her own.

My girl back in the day was exactly like this, she actually looked dope all the time we went out but was sad she didn't have any heat haha. I'd buy her something here and there like heels and a margiela clutch she flipped for but was scared to use, so so cute.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Looks like it's due to state laws that the item needs to be shipped out from Hawaii. Didn't even know there was shit like that.

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

girls looks way better when they are well dressed.

reminds me of one of my friends at school. really cute, but way cutter because of the way she dresses. one night after a few drinks I told her how much I loved her boots like 10 times...lol.

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

they see you spending money and they want it themselves. whether appreciated or not. just want that shit

all girls "budget conscious" BR/gap/JCrew i ever met. then introduced to the goods and they want it cuz you got it. and the packages. and packages. for you. n they love packages. n they want n

n that can come with a cost if you allow it to so i suppose

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

what's wrong with that if it's your girl? they don't have feelings or what?

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

it just depends on how serious it is. mine is (hi babe)

otherwise no sense in burnin it unless you got enough to light yer montecristos w/ it

feelings aside

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.