Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

nah, actually it would be pretty sick to see more people wearing RO. When people ask me about my RO stuff I make it a habit to tell them what it is because of the hopes that they'll be intrigued by it, and that it will spread.

my views on this is exclusive to celebrities....I think you're assuming that I dislike celebrities wearing this shit because it will become "mainstream (like some idiots on here)." Not calling you an idiot, though :p

Fuck, what I've been saying this whole time is that I dislike people wearing shit for the price tag, and not genuine enjoyment for wearing a certain brand.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Fashion is just as artistically legitimate as sculpture or oils on canvas
    I am not 100% sure I agree with this. I am not 100% sure I disagree either, but out of curiosity, is this pretty much taken as read by everyone here?

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

my views on this is exclusive to celebrities....I think you're assuming that I dislike celebrities wearing this shit because it will become "mainstream (like some idiots on here)." Not calling you an idiot, though :p

Fuck, what I've been saying this whole time is that I dislike people wearing shit for the price tag, and not genuine enjoyment for wearing a certain brand.

do you have any evidence that people are wearing these brands just because of the price tag? i'd wager it's more likely that they just like it for entirely different reasons than you do

4. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Also Lane to take your angle I would say that wearing a bunch of Julius, V-A, or whatever, and then reading even one panel of something like Diesel Sweeties would be a compromise of the aesthetic. Real goth ninjas only read Achewood, and even then only the most depressing strips (see my signature). I heard whenever someone links Rick Owens an xkcd strip, he destroys his laptop with his penis until even the shitty art is illegible.

haha, yeah by honest i meant "This is obviously the most commercial stuff you're ever gonna hear in your life but at least i'm not pretending I'm doing anything different and at least i do actually have some genuine talent unlike [insert teen pop icon here]"

It's all good dogg, I actually rarely get into anything technical except Ligeti or some jazz but there's nothing wrong with eating a tablespoon of Nutella out of the jar every once in a while, so to speak.

Clumsy aphorisms heal all wounds.

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

Also Lane to take your angle I would say that wearing a bunch of Julius, V-A, or whatever, and then reading even one panel of something like Diesel Sweeties would be a compromise of the aesthetic. Real goth ninjas only read Achewood, and even then only the most depressing strips (see my signature). I heard whenever someone links Rick Owens an xkcd strip, he destroys his laptop with his penis until even the shitty art is illegible.

I only read the name description for the characters cuz I google'd the phrase [​IMG]

you're fing hilarious

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Lane, apply a "nvm" to my post immediately above, I totally agree with your opinion now that you've expressed it clearly. But I am not going to edit out a slam on terrible comics. That's going to live on, in infinity, though the bright angel may stop up my mouth with ashes.

AR_Six, I would be curious to hear forum opinion on this as well.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, I think I'm just not articulating myself very well. That's why I didn't bother saying shit until someone tried to be cute.
    do you have any evidence that people are wearing these brands just because of the price tag? i'd wager it's more likely that they just like it for entirely different reasons than you do
    It's questionable when they go from RO to marc jacobs, luis vuitton, gucci, etc

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

haha, yeah by honest i meant "This is obviously the most commercial stuff you're ever gonna hear in your life but at least i'm not pretending I'm doing anything different and at least i do actually have some genuine talent unlike [insert teen pop icon here]"

It's not the stuff i normally like. I go through phases of hardbop jazz to death and thrash metal to mathcore, but sometimes i find the time to just enjoy an indulgent pop song.

Do you prefer Fearless or Speak Now?

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It's questionable when they go from RO to marc jacobs, luis vuitton, gucci, etc

if i had that much cash i would likely dabble in a lot of different aesthetics as well

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

like which? now im curious

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Laney drunk off the sz koolaid with absolutely no knowledge.

Brad shops for ccp himself all the time du is a copping machine. Yall just mad cuz he stylin on you.

12. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

only the real hardcore read jerkcity.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Reading the sq clustefuck on sz makes me glad people here aren't obsessed with smileys

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

Laney drunk off the sz koolaid with absolutely no knowledge.

Brad shops for ccp himself all the time du is a copping machine. Yall just mad cuz he stylin on you.

everyones waiting for your new pic, fatso

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

like which? now im curious

like RO and Gucci lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.