1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

There's another run of those Apolis briefcases that had the internet going bananas a year ago because they were allegedly a one-off. What's this, the third wave of these stupid things?

2. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

lane is more or less just parroting a discussion about celebrities in ccp that went on a week or two ago on sz. personally i dont give a fuck who wears what. i think taylor swift looks awesome in that pic, red beanie is cute

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

How do you know? How would Brad Pitt even know who Carol Christian Poell was if he wasn't interested in the clothes? Celebrities are real people you know, some of them have hobbies, a select few of those hobbies are not cocaine. And isn't part of the fun of the "dark avant-garde" wardrobe (to which, I'd argue, neither of those adjectives apply) standing out from the crowd? At least for some practitioners? And why would "respect for" or "loyalty to" any brand be a good thing? And don't you violate your own principles by wearing Julius and whatever else with brands like All Saints?
    not all celebrities are the way I described. However, I highly doubt when kanye west puts on his RO shit he takes it seriously....for example. I dunno, ask people who fit under "dark avant-garde" or other umbrella terms you'd like to pigeonhole me with. Its not about loyalty. It's just the fact that celebrities wear things because of the price tag, since they don't all put value behind the garment. Wearing RO to them is the same as wearing Marc Jacobs. Most of them have stylists that try to make them look different, and edgy by constantly changing their "style." They put no value in each individual item they buy since its all disposable to them until the next hot thing is out. I've never worn julius with allsaints or even own much Julius anymore. I don't see what "principles" I've been violating by buying Julius and allsaints, maybe RO but not the former. Plus, in my defense I didn't know RO existed when I bought lots of AS. Not like I'm gonna toss my clothes in the trash cuz of some sense of integrity.

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

However, I highly doubt when kanye west puts on his RO shit he takes it seriously....for example.

[​IMG]

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

jude law is a big ccp fan and has been wearing it for years, i dont think he even has a stylist

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Yo fuck Jude Law man he doesn't take clothes SERIOUS. FASHUNZ IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol, its not like I grind my teeth when I see one of them wearing that stuff. Maybe, I'm just different from you guys in that I don't cum in my pants when I see them wearing luxury items; I don't need validation from celebrities/pop culture.

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

It's true, Jude Law and Kanye make me bust a nut.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Lane you're making an awful lot of generalizations about people you don't know at all. Maybe they don't take their clothes as seriously as you do, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing -- you seem to take it too seriously.

10. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

lol, its not like I grind my teeth when I see one of them wearing that stuff. Maybe, I'm just different from you guys in that I don't cum in my pants when I see them wearing luxury items; I don't need validation from celebrities/pop culture.
    the issue isn't about needing validation, it's about you thinking you're somehow better than people who don't 'take fashion seriously'

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

not saying that.....quit putting words in my mouth. I just value those brands highly and respect the designers, and I don't want some CWG wearing it just to look different and basically shit all over the aesthetic that was created.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Lane is the indie rock pete of styleforum

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

you're electron mike

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

not saying that.....quit putting words in my mouth. I just value those brands highly and respect the designers, and I don't want some CWG wearing it just to look different and basically shit all over the aesthetic that was created.

Fashion is just as artistically legitimate as sculpture or oils on canvas but it is a different idiom, with different facets, assumptions, and compromises. One of those compromises is that you don't get to pick the people representing your work.

You remind me of those people who hated it when Explosions in the Sky did the soundtrack for Friday Night Lights -- "God, now all the normal people are going to listen to them."

And I'd say you shoved some words in my mouth when you talked about how I needed to see celebrities in my clothes to feel validated. I'm in the same exclusionist boat as you -- I just recognize that it's a shitty thing for me to think.

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

She is literally signed to a label called Big Machine Records. I've heard chiptunes that were more honest and organic.

haha, yeah by honest i meant "This is obviously the most commercial stuff you're ever gonna hear in your life but at least i'm not pretending I'm doing anything different and at least i do actually have some genuine talent unlike [insert teen pop icon here]"

It's not the stuff i normally like. I go through phases of hardbop jazz to death and thrash metal to mathcore, but sometimes i find the time to just enjoy an indulgent pop song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.