Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Random Fashion Thought: I just want to wear some fucking sportcoats and corduroys and oxfords. I don't want to have to learn about it from 50-year-old Modernists who think pants at the natural waist are "fundamental to the architecture of male dress". I don't want to be patronized for my age. I don't want to have to sit back while everyone in the comments section talks about how violent Muslims are. Can we do this, as a society?

+1.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

cutting margiela tags is silliness

Agreed. I've worn my MMM cardi around at work and my brain has become numb to the comments to the effect of "you forgot to cut the tags off" at this point. I dig it and doesn't bother me so I keep 'em on.

Margiela Slim Fit jeans best fit ever

Has to be Rag & Bone RB15's for me.

How is Rag & Bone quality these days? Downhill slide, I assume?

I know it's been played the last page or so now, but I don't think they've gone downhill at all. I like their knits and their outerwear is especially fantastic, but way out of my league without a crazy sale. Some of their pants are great too. I always just thought their shirts could be very hit or miss. I actually picked up a pair of the RB15 jeans in a light fade wash last weekend (I know, dad jeans moment perhaps?), but thought they didn't look offensive at all and wanted a change from raw denim. Love the fit.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Considering they don't just make t-shirts, it depends on the type of garment you're talking about. In general, their collection is pretty well-made but I think it's their outerwear where they really shine.
    I like their knits
    Well at least it's trending upward, but that is one weird chart. Wonder if fashion labels generally look like that over the past 3-4 years.
    http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=...ntsp=0&fct=big LVMH more than recovered from their recession hit. Then again, they own pretty much everything.
    What a poor choice of beverage!
    They ran out of chartreuse

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

That exchange on SZ was hilarious....I also like how people here are badmouthing SZ for banning someone who is blatantly disregarding the rules. Bringing up the aesthetic they cater to and shit, lol. I guess when new posters ignore stickied threads, and tell the mods its a stupid rule to have them; it should be perfectly acceptable as well? hypocrites lol

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

insular community was said a couple of times even though all they did was ban someone disregarding rules.

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Hope it found a good home. Our unconsummated love will go on.

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I like SZ quite a bit. I also like sufu to some extent, especially for sueprmarket. It's kind of fun how each forum has a set of labels that get a lot of play. On that note, I wish Undercover would get more play here. They have some really neat shit. Same with Bless.

9. softy

softy Senior member

Hope it found a good home. Our unconsummated love will go on.
    I hope you're happy, stepping out with Mr. Petrov three of five nights this week. Philanderer.
    I like SZ quite a bit. I also like sufu to some extent, especially for sueprmarket. It's kind of fun how each forum has a set of labels that get a lot of play. On that note, I wish Undercover would get more play here. They have some really neat shit. Same with Bless.
    Good point overall. Label selection here is kind of corny, IMO. APCish NYC hipster cutesy thing. Still, very reliable sellers. Also, see sale thread for the bolded.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

linguist, I take a similar approach to you since I go to all those forums, but I use them for different reasons. They all have their purpose to me.

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Someone called me 'Jacques Bunyan' yesterday.

12. softy

softy Senior member

13. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

@softy: That sweater is quite rad. Would consider buying if I had any moneys left over from christmas shopping.

another random fashion thought:
    I wanted to get that Ervell alpaca hat (my ears have been so cold), but it's like $75 on sale. Fuck that, bought a $15 dollar skein of alpaca yarn instead, gonna make one for myself. Love in every stitch.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

I hope you're happy, stepping out with Mr. Petrov three of five nights this week. Philanderer.

Good point overall. Label selection here is kind of corny, IMO. APCish NYC hipster cutesy thing. Still, very reliable sellers. Also, see sale thread for the bolded.

LL bean sounds legit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.