Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

"Suspect?" What the hell are you talking about? Once Theory bought them they were able to move just about everything in-house. Keep in mind, prior to '07 their main focus was denim. Since then, they've done collabs with Grenson, Loro Piana, Martin Greenfield, etc.
    exactly. theory helping them improve their finances is just suspicious since theory's model is producing garbage and hyping the name. of course, to some this might be good news

2. APK

APK Senior member

I have no doubt that 90% of people on SF would kick this guys ass if he actually cut it.

Strange thing is, this is one of the few guys I know who's into clothing and actually looks well-dressed most of the time.

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

exactly. theory helping them improve their finances is just suspicious since theory's model is producing garbage and hyping the name. of course, to some this might be good news
    Because of finances it's suspicious? It's been three years and their stuff has only improved. I mean, have you actually seen rag & bone pieces in person?

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

In other words, your conclusions are based on speculation based on no evidence.

5. the shah

Because of finances it's suspicious? It's been three years and their stuff has only improved. I mean, have you actually seen rag & bone pieces in person?

you didn't read my post above i was just at the sample sale and the wall at barneys is loaded with the stuff. nothing spectacular, like i said some people might like the direction they're taking and good for them getting collab deals. the stuff was never terrible quality but just boring to me.

6. the shah

In other words, your conclusions are based on speculation based on no evidence.

financial ties is speculative?

ps. nice on the s/s heads up [​IMG]

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Dude just stop. Rag and Bone is great right now. I don't know what you saw at the sample sale but I would pick up a very large amount of the current FW collection.

8. whodini

you didn't read my post above i was just at the sample sale and the wall at barneys is loaded with the stuff. nothing spectacular, like i said some people might like the direction they're taking and good for them getting collab deals. the stuff was never terrible quality but just boring to me.
    LOL. So you're basing your Theory "suspicions" on what STYLE you saw THIS season at a SAMPLE SALE? ffs...

9. the shah

Dude just stop. Rag and Bone is great right now. I don't know what you saw at the sample sale but I would pick up a very large amount of the current FW collection.
    like i said some people will like it regardless. i don't. and it's no secret rosen has double dipped his dirty fingers in their finances. here is theory stock go throw all your money at them for all i care [​IMG]

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Don't give a fuck if the people who make my clothes are assholes, all I care about is having nice shit that looks good. R&B are doing it pretty well right now of course YMMV.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

All of the people who make TOJ clothes are the nicest people on earth. I force them to do one thoughtful thing for others each day.

12. the shah

LOL. So you're basing your Theory "suspicions" on what STYLE you saw THIS season at a SAMPLE SALE? ffs...

dog you gotta lay off the white drinks raz has you sipping i check out their stuff every season only to be disappointed by the mediocrity

13. whodini

Remind me again what Theory's earnings have to do with Rag & Bone's quality?

1+1= grapefruit?

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

cutting margiela tags is silliness

For jersey pieces, it makes sense to do so, and I have in several cases - the thread is stronger than the fabric, and can cause the fabric to tear if there is any stress at those points at all.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Strange thing is, this is one of the few guys I know who's into clothing and actually looks well-dressed most of the time.
    Which is the only reason he probably even noticed the tag or gave enough of a damn to attempt to cut it. There are a lot of people who fall into this category - have a good sense of fit and can deal with colour but still do all their shopping at the mall. Yet these people have internalized the compliments and adopted the "stylish guy" title and hence feel a need to point out and remedy things like cut tags, both buttons done up on a 2b suit, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.