• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kelvin,
absolutely right. not sure what i was expecting. I just hoped $500 sneakers looked objectively awesome, no matter what they were paired with. i had never seen them in the wild before. was not the case.
He was also a filthy looking hipster, which didn't help matters.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Having trouble finding nice lighter gray jeans. All the raw ones I've tried are too dark. Should I bleach my N&F jeans?
If you're bored and don't mind destroying your jeans... Otherwise, hold off and keep at it. I was in your same boat until I came across some S&H jeans that fit the bill.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Having trouble finding nice lighter gray jeans. All the raw ones I've tried are too dark. Should I bleach my N&F jeans?

I know NdG made a decent light pair, and I even think N&F has a pretty light shade too. H&M has pretty good light-grey denim this season, and if the cut works for you then you should at least try it out.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Just saw Norwegian Wood last night, great movie
What clothes would a character in a Murakami Haruki novel wear?
I think I need to dress like that!!
ToJ, get on this!!

Unfortunately, most of the Murakami characters that I like would wear frumpy 1980's Japanese clothes. It'd not be a very good look.
redface.gif

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Unfortunately, most of the Murakami characters that I like would wear frumpy 1980's Japanese clothes. It'd not be a very good look.
redface.gif

new style inspiration

BUoHk.jpg

uOiVs.jpg

ps

RICK OWENS

LQ7Wz.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
redface.gif

it's a fine look, dawg. unjustly maligned in this hegemony of tight-fitted clothing. (no offense to ToJ)
0.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
new style inspiration
BUoHk.jpg
uOiVs.jpg

PLEASE Do THIS!!
bounce2.gif
here is some more inspiration for you. note that you'll be sharing sensibilities with middle-aged women. but you may score a sugar mommy/bar proprietress or two.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Originally Posted by LabelKing
These?
SkechersShapeUps.jpg

The one and only.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almost had my clothing nerdiness exposed at a house party tonight. A few of us were standing in the kitchen and I realized the dude I was standing next to was inching forward to the back of my knit with a ******* pair of scissors. I turned around and asked him what he was doing. "Fixing your tag."

By design the thread from the corners of the tag on the inside of the knit can be seen on the outside. He thought there had been a tag on the outside of the knit that I had cut at one point and just left remnants of thread there. I actually had to insist that I couldn't even feel the tag against my skin, because he STILL wanted to cut the tag once he found out there was a tag on the inside of the knit.

And he wasn't even drunk.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i cut the tags off all my magiela.

Had the four stitches on the back of my jeans for like a week before thinking "wow, this looks stupid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads