Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Or just save yourself the money and don't wear makeup...

everyone here could save a lot of money by not giving a shit about their appearance, sorry i'm too nextlevel for you

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

There are certain types of products that are made "for men" that are actually better, generally skincare because a shaved face needs attention in a much different way than an unshaved one. For the most part though, you're better off to just go with the "feminine" (and by that I mean completely gender neutral in almost every case) product, as the men's one's are marked up versions of the same damn thing. Men's makeup brands make a killing off this shit; just wear MAC and be balla
    Actually men's hair is different than women's hair too. Certain companies offer products specifically for men's hair that are actually legit. Some people need these products, others can get away with Suave and the like. I have pretty good hair but I try to maintain a balance between expensive shit and stuff you can find in CVS. Either way, there's nothing wrong with using women's products.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Ditto that. I've basically kept the same aesthetic (although it has matured) since I found SF, but I'm definitely paying more attention to my clothing in terms of cut, fit, quality, ect.

I have things i tend to like naturally, but I am not afraid to completely 180 my style if I find I like it and can wear it. That last part is probably not apt to happen, but if I had the money at least, I think I'd probably have some more Styleforum-my clothes in with my regular stuff because I see myself wearing a lot of them casually; I'd still like to have a W+H hoody, or some W+H boots, maybe that $130 epaulet flannel, maybe some heritage denim, a men's wardrobe along the lines of PG (just a few pieces at least), etc... They're not priority now and kind of expensive though, I kind of cringe at paying that kind of money for a hoody or a flannel shirt for some reason. I've spent 10 times that on pretty frivolous unwearable stuff, but somehow feel better about it. haha.

4. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

^i wish i could afford the W+H boots.

5. impolyt_one

they're expensive yeah, but not unreasonable for the quality of them. I'm sure W+H probably pays a pretty penny for them at their cost, hence the pricetag. I just don't have a lot of stuff to go with them so I know I wouldn't wear them too often. I know it's been done before in WAYWT here, but I wouldn't pair my Raf Simons or Jil Sander with those things.

6. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

for me it's not exactly that i couldn't buy them because realistically i can. it's just that buying them would be at the expense of a few items that I need more than another pair of boots.

the lovely thing about having a birthday on christmas eve though is the prospect of getting one awesome gift from friends and family.

7. impolyt_one

I'm trying to get my wardrobe just entirely gifted to me from here on out. I think I am getting an electric blue Raf bolero shrug soon.

8. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I don't regret my W+H boots for a second, I wear them most days. Though I definitely get what impolyt is saying, wouldn't really work with a Jil/Raf aesthetic... Actually, the blacks would, I think. I wear them with jeans and chinos. Browns have a rough look, so if you were going neat/sleek, they wouldn't look right, but because of the texture of the Blacks they could.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Actually men's hair is different than women's hair too. Certain companies offer products specifically for men's hair that are actually legit. Some people need these products, others can get away with Suave and the like. I have pretty good hair but I try to maintain a balance between expensive shit and stuff you can find in CVS. Either way, there's nothing wrong with using women's products.

i use organic shampoo from LUSH and conditioner from hair dye packs

10. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

I don't regret my W+H boots for a second, I wear them most days. Though I definitely get what impolyt is saying, wouldn't really work with a Jil/Raf aesthetic... Actually, the blacks would, I think. I wear them with jeans and chinos. Browns have a rough look, so if you were going neat/sleek, they wouldn't look right, but because of the texture of the Blacks they could.
    You really don't need two pair...just give me one of them. I'll even let you choose which ones.

11. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I'll trade you for a redhead. I'll even let you pick which one.

12. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

well played sir, well played

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I knew uncontrol wore makeup [​IMG]

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Nah it's just a couple of members who I categorize with dumbdicks like the defunct 2sweet that post on occasion nobody you mentioned. Always hated lug sole and pretty much agree with fuuma (nothing new).
    I think they're great functionally but far from sleek, I'd get lug soles for snow boots but other than that I'd take leather over nearly all other soles
    Multiple lulz: http://www.cefashion.net/2009/08/84-...-advisory.html -Rye -"Feasible: Selvage, somewhat stretchy skinny jeans". The GTs look painted on compared to the KCs.
    Um... explain to me what this "infeasibe" is
    ...how often do you go to stores (all types, i.e. boutiques, speciality, department, etc..) and YOU know more than the "salesperson?"
    Usually get this at department stores (although because of this, when an SA at a department store really knows his shit it makes me much more appreciative of his help), hate it when they then try to "educate" me on why a product is good Also, I'm completely underwhelmed by Paul Smith's latest shows. Terribly bland, where'd the interesting negative-lapels and 3 boutonnière holes go?

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

I gotcha, was speaking from pure optics pov and I don't appreciate them enough since I don't live in the type of climate that requires them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.