Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

My swag is off the charts IRL, dudes cannot get at me irl. Appreciate the kind words.

Found my winter jacket and now my dick is hard for the Junya suit I tried on today, gonna try and scrounge up 1500 in time for first markdown. If I can get that I'll be done for december early.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

I remember going into dat spot in 07 and was severely disappointed.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Good Looks Boys.

4. Humperdink

Humperdink Senior member

[​IMG]
    This is more of a reaction against the retarded suggestion of wearing those boots in winter (note: toes will freeze, salt and sand will destroy the leather) rather than thinking that rm williams chelseas somehow fail alongside the clown shoe bullshit that gets worn around here...no?

5. richardwallace

richardwallace Well-Known Member

This is more of a reaction against the retarded suggestion of wearing those boots in winter (note: toes will freeze, salt and sand will destroy the leather) rather than thinking that rm williams chelseas somehow fail alongside the clown shoe bullshit that gets worn around here...no?
    wogbog was asking about boots similar to, but fancier, than blundstones. those rm williams are a good choice i think. those rm williams are fairly sleek for work boots (the lasts are the same as the turnout and craftsman, which are both dress boots), have nice quality water resistant leather and good grippy soles that still look good (the tread is not really visible and the soles don't look like they are obviously rubber)

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

haven't seen any clown shoes around these parts

*edit - nm just realized humperdink was talking about clarks

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

My swag is off the charts IRL, dudes cannot get at me irl. Appreciate the kind words.

I was pretty ambivalent about Junya until I saw a bunch of it IRL. It looks so much better when you can check everything out in person.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

^this is usually the case with baller clothing as opposed to mall brand shit which is actually shittier than pictures suggest

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

when I get home I'm doing a side-by-side detail of jcrew/ervell

10. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

^this is usually the case with baller clothing as opposed to mall brand shit which is actually shittier than pictures suggest

100% dead on. I always see something in a picture that I think is pretty decent and think about giving the brand a try, but when I actually see and feel it, I'm immediately turned off.

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

I wish all those mall brand apologists would just spend a day wandering around Barneys or a similar high end store and try shit on just so they know what they're missing. If they still think it's not worth it, fine, but at least they'll know what's up.

12. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

I wish all those mall brand apologists would just spend a day wandering around Barneys or a similar high end store and try shit on just so they know what they're missing. If they still think it's not worth it, fine, but at least they'll know what's up.
    this. i generally assume for the majority of people that buy "baller" pieces there has been some experience with mall brand/mid tier purchases so I feel as if the hate, which should probably be taken slightly tongue in cheek* anyway, is more informed than the rampant jcrew thread denizens (for example) that scoff at "baller item X" just based off of price alone or lack of perceived value from a 72dpi image. do research then for an opinion. otherwise stfu [​IMG] *ircc jet and fok reallllllly hate jcrew though

13. softy

softy Senior member

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

SW had that a couple of winters ago, almost copped but too close to my mmm pullover.

15. softy

softy Senior member

Someone at dinner asked me if I had gained a small amount of weight.
    What an outrage!!!
    I should stop eating tubs of ice cream while watching soap operas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.