• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The term is palette, not pallet.
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Prop 19
frown.gif

Do you live in CA? I kinda want to smack every single person i've heard made mention (Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear was rampant with signage
frown.gif
).

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
You're right. You prob know more than the fastest growing (and now one of the largest) online fashion retailers. You should prob let them know they're making a business mistake. All it takes is the right person to happen to log onto gilt during that 2day sale span. Maybe the guy who wanted that shirt didn't happen to do so last time. Not everyone on there is an internet forum person who constantly is checking gilt, sample sales, buy&sell, etc.... Hell, many probably didn't realize it was on sale before cheaper. "Hmm... i need a grey shirt for work. Oh, this ervell one seems like a spiffy/hip brand. $100 off retail? Cool"

Jet/kelvin/ other la area guys may get this- The new "Clipper Nation" season ticket commercial is creepy where they just show the faces up close of the players. Some weird looking players on that team. Maybe it's just blake griffin looking like he's part every race that has existed

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im glad 19 didnt pass. what we have now in CA is better. if i get caught with 28g right now (JUST under an ounce) i pay $100 fine, like a parking violation or some ****, it isnt even a misdemeanor anymore

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I'll live since I have a prescript, but it'd be nice to fly intra-CA without any risk of seizure (I know it's mostly kosher), but I hear some airports like San Diego are still pretty no tolerance. I know that airports are a federal domain so even if prop 19 passed still a risk, but the Feds seem to be hands off and take the lead from the state on action. Of course that could change at any point in time in even the airports that are kosher with flying (Oakland/SF/San Jose/LAX(?)) and may change in response to it passing.

I had hoped to see it pass mostly as a sign that people can make sane democratic decisions, but as with prop 8 the system and the people disappoint yet again.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abraxis
I had hoped to see it pass mostly as a sign that people can make sane democratic decisions, but as with prop 8 the system and the people disappoint yet again.

The actual legislation was a mess, though. If the pro-legalization/decriminalization side can get their act together, and create a better piece of legislation, then you could be seeing it in 2-4 years. Who knows.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
The actual legislation was a mess, though. If the pro-legalization/decriminalization side can get their act together, and create a better piece of legislation, then you could be seeing it in 2-4 years. Who knows.

Yeah I get that and agree that it could have been better. But the devil's advocate in me says that with current legislation California and Californians already nearly act as if the thing is legal if it were actually legal I'd hope that we don't take any steps backward even if the new letter of the law says that we can.

I feel like in most peoples' heads it would = legal with no strings attached and would act that way and unless the government takes drastic steps to make people aware of their delusion (Which imo would be expensive to do and continue to enforce on an ongoing basis) then I think for all intents purposes in the end its still progress. I don't think state government would take those steps. The federal government though maybe, but prop 19/no prop 19 won't really protect us there. Though if it had passed it might force the Fed's hand though like they threatened, but meh.

Anyway this discussion probably isn't fashiony enough for this thread ;p

dls6128

Reaction score
Every so often I end up in the peacoat thread by accident, and facepalm at people who want to be able to do full range-of-motion exercises in a slim-fit 24 oz wool coat.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Uniqlo have some really cool stuff this season - a great blistered pleather (no really) moto for £30 - didn't cop in the end cause I'm trying to avoid accumulating loads of clothes, but still

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
Uniqlo have some really cool stuff this season - a great blistered pleather (no really) moto for £30 - didn't cop in the end cause I'm trying to avoid accumulating loads of clothes, but still

I have it in brown because i'm too poor to afford a real leather. Love it.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't buy pleather. It offends the gods.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From now on, noobs seeking style advice should be directed here: http://twitter.com/GhostfaceKillah On the importance of shoes:
Make sure your foot game is official. A ***** don't like you to step to her acting like you trying to bag her with your shoes all bent up.
On the importance of matching color
Yo when you step out the crib, just make sure you match. Don't be coming outside on some like you Rainbow man or something like that G.... With mad different colors and **** and your gear ain't proper. You know what I mean? Make sure your swagger is up to par nahmean. You decent

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
50 is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics