• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
i hate that word.

it sounds so ******* idk how to explain it but ****

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Victim of cuckoldry.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I personally prefer the strong and wild Friday and relaxed Saturday evening at home with friends.

Go hard or go home is what I say. Weekday nights are for relaxed evenings with friends.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
is there a secret SF gang-sign to throw up when you see an sfer irl but want to call them out? if not, there should be.
Not sure about SW&D, but I've been told that the guys over there at MC whip out and dangle their left trousers pocket ( without attracting public attention ) when they see each other...

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Riio
awkward staring

This.

I was at the ATL airport a couple weeks ago and I saw a dude I could have sworn was SF. He had steez, that's for sure. I just awkwardly stared at him for a while. He probably thought I was interested.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
the other day i went out with magician to this area that is simultaneously hipster & ghetto.

we were waiting on the late night bus at like 3am and asked this white ***** if we were at the right bus stop. she was standing there with another friend who wouldn't say a single word to us. the ***** was wearing this quilted burberry london jacket with the sleeves rolled up so you could see her baller checkered pattern on the cuffs. Actually i think her arms were just too stumpy. anyways, magician starts talking to her about style and clothing, blah blah. the girl looks down at my black lanvins and says they are really shinny and asks if they are chucks. i said yes. shortly after, the bus came and the ***** got on angrily. i half expected the bus to have to lower down like it does for people in wheel chairs when she got on.

then when we are in the bus these two 15 year old black girls sit down near us and start messing with me and magician. unfortunately, they were so ghetto i could hardly understand what they were saying. having spent lots of his youth in "urban environments," magician managed to interpret for me. one of them was wearing these super fug air jordans. i asked her why she wears boys shoes and if she was so mad because she couldn't get a boyfriend. she then told us her shoes were "ovah 2 hundred dollas". then she asked me if i was wearing chucks and how much they cost. she also "aksed" magician how much his purple jacket cost. magician said he got it from a friend (aka ghulkan). so she then asked "what? you can't afford your own clothes?"

epic night in the hood.

Am I going to be the only sfer who mans up and says:

I laughed. lmao the wording of the story was so purposely over the top how do you guys not get it haha I wish I read this while drunk last night.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Am I going to be the only sfer who mans up and says: I laughed. lmao the wording of the story was so purposely over the top how do you guys not get it haha I wish I read this while drunk last night.
I guess I'm more annoyed because I had a rather impoverished upbringing, and it irks me to see when others are made fun of for theirs. Now my parents and I live a relatively comfortable upper-middle class life (though on the lower bracket), but still... :\\ For a lot of people out there, Burberry is the sfer's Lanvin/DH/MMM/RO...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
you clearly do not have experience with hood people

mickey711

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-made-AW-1...item4cf2a1b1d3
HDV_IDMONSTERKWAK_FD2010102410106846220886F
Korean replica of the RO Stooges jacket, apparently made using the same leather, zipper and buttons as the real thing. Looks much better than most of the Korean fakes out there (though the price is much higher) It's tempting but I've already got my TOJ DR and there's no guarantee that the actual jacket is going to look as nice.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I hope this wasn't Korbel.

It was Veuve. Not a huge selection for the unwashed masses of DC's H street.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like how I made a post in the epaulet thread saying I want to see more pics of one of the items and then Mike makes a post quoting like 5 people before him and leaving mine out.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
I guess I'm more annoyed because I had a rather impoverished upbringing, and it irks me to see when others are made fun of for theirs. Now my parents and I live a relatively comfortable upper-middle class life (though on the lower bracket), but still... :\\ For a lot of people out there, Burberry is the sfer's Lanvin/DH/MMM/RO...
I didn't even see it as making fun of other people for impoverished upbringings, it sounds like the random people on the bus were being obnoxious to sq and magician because they looked out of place. I have so many cases of mass transit hilarity, I can appreciate it.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I like how I made a post in the epaulet thread saying I want to see more pics of one of the items and then Mike makes a post quoting like 5 people before him and leaving mine out.
The post:
Originally Posted by jet
i wanna see some more fit pics of that chunky bottle green cardigan
musicboohoo[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
freudian slip?

Originally Posted by whodini
I'll never regret your suggestion for our first meet up at the Penn Station mens room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads