• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does Facebook keep suggesting that I should add Socal to my friend list? Do we have some unknown connection or is it just a weird coincidence? I was kind of surprised to see someone with that Gareth Pugh overcoat in his avatar, until I realized who it was.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
why the **** are they so obsessed with you?

i mean sometimes i think to myself, "man justin you spent a lot of money to look like **** today" though i do often like your fits, what the hell did you do to them to piss them off so much

I don't know...it's worse than the whole Jet/Ghulkan thing for a few years back.

Originally Posted by mulansauce
He once posted photos of a cruise to Alaska. They don't look kindly on that sort of frivolity.

Yes actually wearing the clothes you talk about outside is a big no no.

Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
Why does Facebook keep suggesting that I should add Socal to my friend list? Do we have some unknown connection or is it just a weird coincidence? I was kind of surprised to see someone with that Gareth Pugh overcoat in his avatar, until I realized who it was.

Add me, I won't bite.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
One can say the opposite as well.

Oh that's deeeep.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I can't see how can call workwear masculine.

Doods in eg and wwm who are looking for the right socks to match thier moccasins and neckerchiefs and lusting over peanut grizzly suede deck chukka boots seem to be the same as doodz who rock gothninja, it's just fashion and costume.

People who bought "hillside" denim kerchiefs got put on a police watch-list.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FFS EASON ITS SELVAGE

Guys I'm looking for old copies of free and easy or other imported obscure asian fake lifestyle
magazines.

Check out my new tote, it's made in America and the lining looks really nice with my bucket hat and corwhichan cardigan, which is warm and insanely hideous.

Its all fashion, its all clothing, were all equally marsupialed for being on this forum and equally unmasculine.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
masculine is jeans and a ******* t-shirt, you can't possibly argue that workwear or any other aesthetic is masculine. if anything, workwear is the worst culprit because its skinny dudes trying to channel hard grizzled lumberjack lifestyle by spending hundreds of dollars on a perfect chambray workshirt that will never see a drop of sweat.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
why the **** are they so obsessed with you?

i mean sometimes i think to myself, "man justin you spent a lot of money to look like **** today" though i do often like your fits, what the hell did you do to them to piss them off so much

He must have posted a pic of him smiling or having fun. Tsk tsk Socal.

BTW just cut a bunch of firewood wearing tight purple pants and a U-neck tee. What does that mean?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
BTW just cut a bunch of firewood wearing tight purple pants and a U-neck tee. What does that mean?

you've got the gay

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Oh that's deeeep.

It's actually quite sad when you think about it, I can't help but feel sorry for the guy with his desperate burning desire for fashion e-fame and recognition.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
masculine is jeans and a ******* t-shirt, you can't possibly argue that workwear or any other aesthetic is masculine. if anything, workwear is the worst culprit because its skinny dudes trying to channel hard grizzled lumberjack lifestyle by spending hundreds of dollars on a perfect chambray workshirt that will never see a drop of sweat.

I actually thought the same when I saw a guy at a shop who carries alot of "heritage brands" yesterday. Brand new wwm chambray, brand new jeans and brand new rw. the same guy equally easy could´ve been decked out in raf or something uber preppy.

So, where does this leave me? Dont know. But I do belive I have a less "fashion" and more "clothes I like" approch to the whole deal.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've decided that skimping on basics because no one else can tell the difference anyway is the ultimate in what Kiya likes to refer to as peasant status. Mixing and matching applied to all parts of your wardrobe is one thing, but wearing bunch of cheap basics and then flossing with a couple of expensive, high visibility pieces is pretty lame, imo. Basics are the one thing that you really do for yourself, fashionwise. Unless you are close up and personal, no one is going to be able to tell the subtlety in the fabric, construction, wash. Of course, everyone is going to be able to tell that you are wearing a Rick Owens leather, or whatever.

Second pet peeve: taking care to keep your everyday clothes in good condition is the opposite of cool. You should do that for suits and shoes that you may wear to a wedding or a funeral. Everything else should be unsellable after about a week of wear. They are clothes. They don't deserve to be revered.

I am going to do yardwork later today in a Rag&Bone MIJ sweatshirt (super comfy), 5EP jeans, a KMW belt, and Common Projects.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher

I'm in the cabin waiting for you to make a fire.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I am going to do yardwork later today in a Rag&Bone MIJ sweatshirt (super comfy), 5EP jeans, a KMW belt, and Common Projects.

Peasant. I'm going to change the oil in my car while wearing my mmm suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads