Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

ok back to writing essay -_- partly on wabi sabi
    all nighter for a midterm = me

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

good luck dude. i kinda missed this when i was away for a semester. but i forgot how painful it is.

3. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Shipping cost from Ssense would be $12 for 1 pair of jeans? Wtf?

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

Me too, and I'm still fucked. God damn engineering chemistry courses have so much math, I'm not prepared for it[​IMG] I'm a concepts and theories guy, I can crunch the numbers on my own time, but it's so much harder under pressure. There was a reason I'm not in engineering, why did I decide to take some engineering courses again?

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

almost... done...

i talked about denim, atari, and slubbiness to explain wabi and sabi

superdenim encylopedia for the win

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Me too, and I'm still fucked. God damn engineering chemistry courses have so much math, I'm not prepared for it[​IMG] I'm a concepts and theories guy, I can crunch the numbers on my own time, but it's so much harder under pressure. There was a reason I'm not in engineering, why did I decide to take some engineering courses again?

masochist

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Always get a tracking number when buying for a significant amount of money, always.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. ItsInMyJeans

ItsInMyJeans Well-Known Member

I think the honda insignia on honda cars are much less garish than the back pockets of true religions. i think a better example would be attaching an M5 of a bmw to your honda. I think that would have a better analogy to rock and republic except you attach the image of a celebrity to your jeans.

personally, walking around as a billboard kinda stinks of nouveau rich, trying to pretend who you're not, trying to show your wealth in an uncouth tasteless way. they're like bags made of cheap leather and monogrammed extensively to show people around you what brands you wear and thus how cool you are. same with forced distressing on jeans. your trying to achieve an aesthetic that's not real. distressing emulates real fading from exposure to time and wear (ie wabisabi)

as for quality, if you stick around you'll find that there are a lot better jeans out there that are far superior to true religion at the same price point. good resource http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=12729. That's what got me started on superfuture and styleforum.

If you were here even 5 years ago you would find that a lot of people in styleforum (much less so in superfuture) were on paper denim, rogan, earnest sewn, etc, but with the greater availability of information ppl have been turning more so to japanese and authentic american denim (eg cone denim) especially selvedge denim. a lot of exposure has been given to selvedge especially within the few years and if you live near a barney's you could check some out.

there's a sub $200 jeans thread somewhere. do a search. and read the encyclopedia

ok back to writing essay -_- partly on wabi sabi

Ok thank you for the tips. I actually want to look into the japanese denim. I will check it out.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Always get a tracking number when buying for a significant amount of money, always.
    Doesn't always help if the item isn't insured

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

[​IMG]

an excellent drawing of yours truly

[​IMG]

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

you got jipped? and that's an awesome drawing.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

nah i haven't, but people who bought things from me before and didn't want to pay for tracking/insurance sure did.

14. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

almost... done... i talked about denim, atari, and slubbiness to explain wabi and sabi superdenim encylopedia for the win
    i wrote a paper on this in college that i posted on sufu. this is a rough draft so the writing is a bit.. rough but if you havent turned it in alread, this may be helpful: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...0&postcount=72 http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...2&postcount=73 http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...4&postcount=74

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

you're in canadia right?

the nice thing about usps is that tracking and insurance is cheap. the stupid thing about it is its barely useful. its not true tracking and they really try hard not to pay a claim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.