• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
I hate when companies use UPS exclusively. I mean USPS tracking does suck, I most miss the expected arrival date. But if Priority is being used, it is 2-3 days pretty much anywhere in the country. UPS does at least have next day for a huge portion of the East Coast though.

And to whoever mentioned Century21, I think you mean Forever21.

Oh and sorry for not responding ARW, I was going to PM you but forgot. Things have been going well, going to CC for a semester then transferring (should be fun). I like a more masculine style for FW, which SF better caters to.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol zissou did you get mad and change your avatar after you saw the marriage link?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, no... I just needed to stare at Margot for a while to prevent me from ever getting tired of looking at Zooey. I shall have them both!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
UPS Ground blows.

Seriously, I don't get the love for couriers / hate for USPS. Priority Mail is cheaper than UPS/FedEx/whatever and twice as fast. Sure, you don't get as extensive tracking, but I'd rather get my stuff than track it.

I agree and I have found usps even includes sundays as transit time. The only problem is if the package gets slightly big (bigger than what they provide like a pair of shoes) or slightly heavy like over 2 pounds the prices skyrockets and they nickel and dime you for everything while trying to upsell you at the counter because the old postal workers can't handle it. Priority used to include insurance up to 100 but the dude last time swore up and down priority never included that default limit insurance which I swear is bs. I never had to buy it if the value was under 100. I used to ship shoes years ago (5-10) and it was always 6 or 7 bucks max now it's 13-14 minimum. For heavier or bigger it's best to use fedex or ups.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Why do people always talk about Urban Outfitters as if it's a brand?
It's not a brand, it's several brands. A good chunk of the brands at UO are in-house but are not advertised as such.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
sup?

The interaction between members.

fedex ground is by far the worse imo. Lying about coming to the door, leaving the package in front of the doorstep at 9pm when there is a house full of people home.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lamenting about how overrated J. Crew is is more irritating than people acting like it's the greatest thing to happen to clothing.

Seriously, didn't we JUST have this "conversation" in THIS thread?

While we're at it, let's talk about how stupid Xeno is and how Uncontrol dresses like my aunt.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a package up to one pound Priority it is around five dollars. Over that up to two pounds is around nine. Even if it just right over the line.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In aus the best service is Fedex, hands down. UPS is pretty good, problem with USPS is that it uses our ****** national service.

Kunk have not got it yet but leave it till end of next week and then i'll let you know.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^shipping bitching. shipped something to cali 3 weeks ago and it took a circuoutous route and still hasn't arrived.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
The interaction between members.

fedex ground is by far the worse imo. Lying about coming to the door, leaving the package in front of the doorstep at 9pm when there is a house full of people home.

Both of them do this in my experience.. pita. Fedex is by far the worse offender.
DHL was even worse than both combined.. hence out of business.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
None of you have it bad enough to complain about shipping. Packages sent to poor fok get routed to moscow russia instead of moscow idaho.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha. crazy world we live in
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads