• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genericman
kit, any knowledge of the fit...they seem a tag long and boxy
In my experience it's pretty tts slim
Originally Posted by sipang
YES ! Mission accomplished. That and the Givenchy mask love, SF on to new frontiers.
I'm good at building hype but not at kopping lol

nomad

Reaction score
can get hold of a couple gats through my cousin in berlin, what would be a fair price to sell?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given the price of GATs, 15% is only fair. But I don't get it, you guys are so bad at navigating ebay germany that GATs need to be proxied ? Or am I missing something ?

Originally Posted by KitAkira
I'm good at building hype but not at kopping lol

Alas, I know your pain.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
True, which is why one can accentuate one's look by adding trendy pieces to one's outfit without being a fashion victim. Clothing is definitely a powerful tool but also a pertsonal tool.

This line of thought reminds me too much of the advice often dispensed to those whom are not overly interested in fashion-- like something you'd hear on TV....

"Spend the majority of your money on classic investment pieces and then refresh your look annually with some trendy jewelry."

"Don't buy new clothing for visiting Paris, instead once you arrive buy a few accessories from local shops. You'll look like a true local!"

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
+1. Clothing is never an investment, it's only a mechanism for temporarily covering your body and conveying group identity and/or meaning. Clothing is a very powerful tool. When worn well most people see the meaning provided by the clothing and the wearer as one in the same.

Most people follow fashion trends because they desire to be seen as being in-tune with the current attitude of our times. If you're young, good looking, and choose to eschew fashion trends then you may not look overly dated since youth is on your side. If you think about it, it's more difficult to view a young person as "dated" no matter how they dress.

But as you grow older the odds of you looking dated, boring, and irrelevant when wearing only "classics" increases exponentially. If both your body and clothing emit signals from the past, how could we view you any differently?

So how will Uncontrol look 20 years from now? Any guesses?

Clothing is very much an investment. You basically just stated why it's an investment in your own post.

Binker

Reaction score
why are you encouraging that drip to expound more

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, there's hope. Still, I'm always amazed by the know-it-all cluelessness meets superiority complex of some of the MC guys about SW stuff. We're just a bunch of peter pan syndrome guys with too much cash spent on graphic tees and hoodies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Some bint just ruined my new lanvins. Will post pics.

EDIT: so here's the story such as it is. Bought these in 11uk a long time ago. They didn't fit. Managed to flip the old ones and with a little extra cash bought them in 10uk. Got them yesterday - they fit perfectly. Little heel slip but great through the toebox. New sole lanvins are a bit wider.

So anyway, wearing them for the first time today, go out for lunch with some people from my group. Decide to go to an indian buffet - pretty nice place. As I'm walking back to the office, I notice my left shoe looks kind of... yellow.

The woman in the buffet line next to me spilled curry on my new shoes. **** my life.

So I've been to two shoe repair guys who were pretty unhelpful after trying whatever shoe cleaner they had on hand. Anyone got any ideas? I'm thinking I might have to totally bleach the soles so they'll be fully white, but I don't know what I'd use for that. Don't think there's anything I can do for the spots on the cap (unless I wanted to lacquer over the cap and make them shinier or something) but thankfully it's less noticeable there.

Damage:

flashno.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Pretty pissed off.

Stop being so fussy. Either you live with clothes or you put them in a museum. I don't bother washing sneakers, my MMM all white GAT are now somewhat reddish from west african earth.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or just sandpaper the **** out of that sole and be done with it, it's not like people are going to notice.

tunnelrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Stop being so fussy. Either you live with clothes or you put them in a museum. I don't bother washing sneakers, my MMM all white GAT are now somewhat reddish from west african earth.

+1

I'd smudge them a little all around. Shiny new sneakers never look cool anyway.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
This thread is too much
I shouldn't have read this at work, because now I'm failing trying to stifle laughter since I don't think it would be appreciated if I responded to the question of what was so funny with "Scrooge McDuck swimming in ***** LAWLZ"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads