Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Question for Razele or anyone else who happens to be in Australia: say you were shipping a hoodie or a pair of jeans to the US or Canada. What would that usually cost?
    ^^

2. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

what's your height and weight?
    Around 5'10" @ 163lbs ( This isn't much expressive, though. ) Btw, I'd need a size 50 in the Alessandrini coat I'm selling if I want to wear a thick sweater under it, or an 48 if I go with nothing but a shirt...

3. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

yeah 46 haha. It's my true size. or at least it has been. My chest is probably about a 48, but most jackets give a bit of leeway there. all my other measurements are pretty stock 46. i don't have massive arms or anything. I think i'll return it and get the Marc Jacobs one i was looking at in the same size: *pic* lower buttoning point, and it looks a bit fuller cut.
    marc jacobs isn't full cut at all, unless the specific garment is oversized (which is rare and easy to spot). That's probably just a 54 hanging on a 48 mannequin or something. For reference, my MJ blazers (4 of them, all size 46) are about 17" s2s & 19" p2p. Slim sleeves but not ridiculous.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

i'm 5'9, 158lbs.

My chest, just measured is 37, Waist at bellybutton is 29.

5. Binker

Binker Senior member

hendrix, youre a 48. im probably bigger than you (5'10 180), but im not that much bigger than you and were pretty similar body types, and im closer to a 50 than I am to a 46.

6. Binker

Binker Senior member

well, maybe i am way bigger than you. your chest seems like it would be bigger than 37 inches but i guess not

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

marc jacobs isn't full cut at all, unless the specific garment is oversized (which is rare and easy to spot). That's probably just a 54 hanging on a 48 mannequin or something. For reference, my MJ blazers (4 of them, all size 46) are about 17" s2s & 19" p2p. Slim sleeves but not ridiculous.

exactly, the alessandrini is 17.5p2p, frikken 16 inch s2s. It's clearly undersized.

8. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

i'm 5'9, 158lbs. My chest, just measured is 37, Waist at bellybutton is 29.
    My chest measures around 37.5"-38".
    hendrix, you're a 48.
    Hendrix, you're a 48.

9. macuser3of5

exactly, the alessandrini is 17.5p2p, frikken 16 inch s2s. It's clearly undersized.
    MJ 46 should work, will be much better than DA anyway.... the usual jacket length for 46 is about 29" and the sleeves have non-working buttons, FYI.
    Hendrix, you're a 48.
    Probably not in MJ, I'm a 48 in KvA, AmQ, etc, and a 46 in MJ.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

MJ 46 should work, will be much better than DA anyway.... the usual jacket length for 46 is about 29" and the sleeves have non-working buttons, FYI.

Probably not in MJ, I'm a 48 in KvA, AmQ, etc, and a 46 in MJ.

yup, just to check that i'm not getting the measurements wrong and to show just how small this thing is:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

based on the recent purchase discussion. what's a good running/excerise shoe i can find retail or on sale under $65? still slim but getting soft. want to start running or something

12. macuser3of5

i like asics. ugly tho

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

based on the recent purchase discussion. what's a good running/excerise shoe i can find retail or on sale under $65? still slim but getting soft. want to start running or something

mizuno/asics are really good, will give you lots of mileage (4-500), brooks too. they can be found for under 65 on sale i'm positive.

14. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

If you're getting skinnyfat, why would you want to run. This is a tough question anyway since the answer depends on your gait (overpronator/neutral/underpronator).

15. click here

click here Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.