Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

On the office wear thing here's what I wore today aside from when I was running to court. I think I have an actual camera pic (this is on my bby) of this but I haven't pulled it off so the kinda crappy one here will have to suffice.

[​IMG]

Linen jacket, OCBD, navy pants with a 2" cuff and AE hampstead spectators, plus my briefcase.

excellent. well played

scott, you might but stuff looks good. wear it well, buddy

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Thanks all.

Looks good. I gotta admit, you've transitioned well to your new aesthetic after a rocky start.
    Thanks, but realistically the new aesthetic wasn't so much an aesthetic as "trying fun stuff in summer", and the above does not constitute "trying stuff" as it's not particularly adventurous. I am still wearing more offbeat stuff in other contexts. Still, McQueen printed shirts are not going to happen at work, so might as well do a decent job of boring if possible. That jacket is actually part of a suit that I have been wearing on weekends with just a t shirt, rolling up the pants. I'll snap a pic sometime.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nice fit JD, a pocket square would have set that whole fit off though. That might help it push it pass that border line boring.

4. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

On the office wear thing here's what I wore today aside from when I was running to court. I think I have an actual camera pic (this is on my bby) of this but I haven't pulled it off so the kinda crappy one here will have to suffice.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4...1007280805.jpg

Linen jacket, OCBD, navy pants with a 2" cuff and AE hampstead spectators, plus my briefcase.

If I didn't know better I'd think that fit could be mine. That's just my cup of tea. Chapeau ! Fit on everything seems spot-on. Details on the jacket please...

A well-intentioned piece of advice:

Don't overdo the weight loss mania and try to build some lean muscle during Fall/Winter for a healthier and slightly more athletic overall appearance. ( Not so much that you need to size up and start another "My Entire Wardrobe On Sale" thread of course [​IMG] )

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

new ann d coat, looks kinda interesting. maybe if it makes it to sale... [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

nice job with overall weight loss jd (I'm still doing my cutting, today I'm below 67.7kg or 150 pounds for the first time since high school). you should post your business stuff in waywt too, looks good.

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

The peacoat thread is back.

8. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I might buy some fake Rick dunks. [​IMG] The design has grown on me.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

The peacoat thread is back.

sterlingwear, size down 7 [​IMG]

10. aeglus

just don't wear it with slim jeans/slim shirt or else magician gonna flip out

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Rotating dress shoes is a must. I have a central rotation of (now) 3 pairs and a few outliers that get tossed in from time to time. That is a small shoe rotation and the minimum I'd say. Suits, you probably need 4-5 but I'd say 3 is a minimum. I need new shirts, most of mine are really blousy since I lost weight.
    You don't need many suits if you want to wear suits or jackets+slacks all the time but you need 4 seasons + some winter articles + some summer articles depending on the climate(s) you want to wear the suits in. Right now I'm mostly wearing jeans+tee but if I go suit I have 8 + several sportscoats (I have maybe 12-14 jackets but if you have to do office maybe only 4 of those can be worn) and slacks (I have say 7-8). Shoes you're good with 3-4 but around 10 is all you need. A nice overcoat + trench + some other coat wearable with a suit completes the look. Keep in mind that no matter where I am and what I am doing I'd never wear a dress shirt without a jacket, just can't stand it.

12. snake

snake Senior member

For $100 or so I'm considering giving them a shot as well. Will wear real RO with fake RO [​IMG]

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

just don't wear it with slim jeans/slim shirt or else magician gonna flip out
    Where2kop?(2)

14. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

(I'm sure this argument has been had on every site, but...) I really don't get the Rick sneakers. It is so rare to see a fit where they don't ruin the entire outfit. Maybe the only way to pull them off is to be conscious of how retarded they look and then dress accordingly?

Edit: And I like / subscribe to the whole avant-garde/"gothninja"/SZ aesthetic

15. aeglus

(I'm sure this argument has been had on every site, but...) I really don't get the Rick sneakers. It is so rare to see a fit where they don't ruin the entire outfit. Maybe the only way to pull them off is to be conscious of how retarded they look and then dress accordingly?

I actually pretty much agree with this which is why I use them as my food shopping/going to the gym shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.