1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

^yes but seeing a crap load more in person and trying everything on solidifies your decisions to where it's hard to make mistakes

I am soaking up the sun in socal big alex.

Barneys sux btw.

Eh, it's not terrible but yea, def not that great. Mostly button ups, blazers and a knit or two.

I mean, I could go to Alan Bilzerian which is about as good as any other boutique in the country but i feel really guilty walking in there. You have to buzz to get in, they have a no cell phone policy and it's a relatively small store with really really friendly staff. They know i can't buy shit and i feel like i'm wasting their time even the time i went there and actually had a small convo with the guy. I feel like i need to get all dressed up to walk in.

The Morishita stuff they carry is really nice. Their own house line they're doing there is actually pretty solid. You'd probably dig.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

My last trip to Ron Herman was too long ago. I have a trip to San Diego at the end of October. Might fly into SD and out of LA. Haven't done that before. SD/LA drive could be miserable midweek traffic hell. A Ron Herman visit may have to wait until spring.

I could have easily blown 15k if I had 15k to blow.

Eh, it's not terrible but yea, def not that great. Mostly button ups, blazers and a knit or two.

I mean, I could go to Alan Bilzerian which is about as good as any other boutique in the country but i feel really guilty walking in there. You have to buzz to get in, they have a no cell phone policy and it's a relatively small store with really really friendly staff. They know i can't buy shit and i feel like i'm wasting their time even the time i went there and actually had a small convo with the guy. I feel like i need to get all dressed up to walk in.

The Morishita stuff they carry is really nice. Their own house line they're doing there is actually pretty solid. You'd probably dig.

Ya that buzzer sounds pretty awkward. It's pretty cool here I mean I know the manager and this dude who's there virtually every day so it's like I'm kickin it while I try shit on and we talk about how people are scared to wear shit. Nobody here really tries to sell you anything like they do at most places and they don't act fake at least not with me. The newer guys possibly though.

3. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior Member

I lack the ability to purchase shirts that I enjoy wearing.

4. Stazy

Stazy Distinguished Member

I lack the ability to purchase shirts that I enjoy wearing.

Send some nudes to socal. He'll hook you up!

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Distinguished Member

im really looking like a harmless reg dude today. Blue Nb 576, khaki twill carpenters, tucked in light blue Gant shirt, bright red patagonia fleece vest, and on top a blue Fjällräven greenland parka. However, I do not mind it.

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Distinguished Member

I could have easily blown 15k if I had 15k to blow.

went to ron herman today before the phoenix / metric concert at the greek theater.

a-fucking mazing. they had sone sns, a lot of nice margiela stuff, checked out v::room for the first time, etc. there was this waxed coat from dover st. market that was really, really nice and I wish I could stomach the $500 it costs.

7. choowy

choowy Senior Member

Fairly easy to find my basic stuff like NdG and W+H but when it comes to MMM or JS its not easy.

Who stocks NdG or W+H in Brisbane?

8. Lachy

Lachy Senior Member

Nobody, I believe he meant it's easy to find online.

9. choowy

choowy Senior Member

That makes more sense.

10. onion

onion Distinguished Member

Just read a rumor that Dior wants to get Slimane back. Anyone have more details on this?

11. XenoX101

XenoX101 Distinguished Member

Online makes it hard to judge the quality and the feel of items, and to see the details not shown. To be actually able to hold it, try it on, try a size up/down, maybe different colours, etc.

You can get by online, but really, your judgment is impaired.

+1000

Especially if you're paying top dollar for good designers, you won't be able to see the difference on a low resolution photo on a website, or feel the difference in fabric for that matter. The worst part by far though is the sizing, because each brand has its own ideas of fit and the cut of a jacket/suit/pant that might flatter one person won't flatter the next, even if they are both the same size, whats more you might need to size up or down in a particular cut to get it to work with your proportions, it's hard enough to choose when you are able to try the pieces on.

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

13. breakz

breakz Distinguished Member

New SF noob phenomenom: asking about obscure budget brands. Like we're personal shoppers.

ex. "Hay guyz I want some chukkas for $100 or less can any of you attest to the quality of these chukkas made by a local shop in Maine?"

14. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

i iz sad i cannot go to SF meetup. [​IMG]

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

i iz sad i cannot go to SF meetup. [​IMG]

wish u were there

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.