• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh ****, Uncontrol might be buying Gitman Vintage next spring...

gitman-vintage-shirts-spring-2011-selectism-2.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gitman go back to oxfords

jaac

Reaction score
It's pretty cool, the camo one aswell.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
if you buy an xxl tee and take in the shoulders and waist and round the bottom you get a rick flap lookalike and then just take bunch of ipecac and you can fit like this

Yo this stuff is messed up, you can't even get it in Australia it's that bad.

Sup psychiatric love connection.

UserName84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by some crazy person
Further in the song Jay-Z says: "I'm in Maison, ugh, Martin Margiela" which is a upper-end fashion store. English speaking people usually pronounce the french word "maison" to sound like "mayzaun". Jay-Z however says it to sound like "mason" as in "Freemason". There is an obvious double-meaning here meant to catch the ear of the listener. He basically says "I'm in Mason" to make people say "huh did he really say that?" as "I'm a Freemason" but he then continues by saying "ugh, Martin Margiela".

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=1948

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the DBSS "riders" hoodie I proxied. I said I was finished with hoodies, but I'm surprised how much I like this one! The fabric is thin super soft cotton, more like a long sleeve t-shirt than a hoodie. And the fit/look is so much better than the child-like W+H or other hoodies often posted here. Considering getting a wool DBSS hoodie now too. There are so many recent markdowns in Japan that now's a good time.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had been thinking about getting some GATs for a while now, but after seeing them everywhere I've changed my mind. Not only are they becoming too common, but they look somewhere between ok to bad in most of the fit pics. Only fuuma and nicelynice manage to make them look consistently good.

Still looking for some good low tops, but don't like anything I commonly see:

Converse look cheap
Lanvin look too lux
CP look too stark/dressy
MMM look too euro

I already own Converse and CPs and rarely wear either. I suspect I need to start looking at some more obscure brands in order to find something that will work. Considering my current aesthetic, any suggestions?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
well, mostly just depends on who is wearing the shoes so i wouldn't go off random sfers in terms of anything. i've seen all the above look good. sucks for those who spend $80 to proxy gats hoping for something special. pretty tame/regular sneaks though i personally like them a lot for what i do

whatchu looking to spend?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damir Doma may make sneakers you would like.

That being said, ****, I need these camo lined jeans, may have to cop at full retail for around 1k.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
well, mostly just depends on who is wearing the shoes so i wouldn't go off random sfers in terms of anything. whatchu looking to spend?
There is no top limit if I strongly like it. (Within reason of course). I would probably pay up to $1500 for the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads