Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lel

Lel Senior member

Maybe it's a case of people wanting to try something different, which leads to purchases of the mentioned brands. But then when push comes to shove, they resort to the safe brands and aesthetic, which leads to what we usually have in the WAYWT thread.

What? That makes no sense. The buys are very conservative by Styleforum, the stuff that everyone drools over but says they're too broke to afford. So people are picking up W+H/NdG but think it's too different to showcase in the WAYWT thread, probably the only place where the clothing will actually be appreciated (well, other than a mirror).

I think that the vast majority of people who put up pics of recent purchases don't ever post WAYWTs. There should be some sort of rule....

I'm confused by this, why more people don't post in WAYWT. There's a lot of people who, despite their number of posts, I don't think I've ever seen a WAYWT from them.

2. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i don't like taking pictures of myself, therefore i never post, if someone snaps a pic of me when im out and about somewhere i usually put it up though

3. APK

APK Senior member

How doesn't it make sense? I'm saying perhaps it's a case of someone wanting to try a bolder aesthetic, going so far as to buy something that fits that look, but then resorts back to a safer look when it comes time to actually dress yourself in the morning.

Sort of like how I'm sure all of us have bought things we just never wound up wearing, whether it was too different from what we usually wore or whatever.

4. Lel

Lel Senior member

How doesn't it make sense? I'm saying perhaps it's a case of someone wanting to try a bolder aesthetic, going so far as to buy something that fits that look, but then resorts back to a safer look when it comes time to actually dress yourself in the morning.

Sort of like how I'm sure all of us have bought things we just never wound up wearing, whether it was too different from what we usually wore or whatever.

I think the definition of "bold" is where we disagree. The pieces I'm talking about are... well, not bold at all. I mean, W+H zip, or a NdG crew neck? Are you telling me that people who spent hundreds of dollars on a single piece such as those suddenly think they're too "out there" and instead switch to AA tees and Clarks DB when they snap WAYWTs?

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Why doesn't SF like Vince? The quality is way better then the pricepoint suggests and the designs are perfect for you stealth wealth (read: boring) people. Hell, even I like some of the designs.

6. robin

robin Senior member

Why doesn't SF like Vince? The quality is way better then the pricepoint suggests and the designs are perfect for you stealth wealth (read: boring) people. Hell, even I like some of the designs.
    Vince does make nice stuff but their distribution is not that great outside of small selections at various Barneys locations.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

But it's made in China!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

People are full of shit.
    Why would people lie over purchases? I haven't :-| I want to post fit pics because it's just something I want to do, I don't think people need to though. I can easily see why you shouldn't as well. I don't think you need to post fits to appreciate clothing, or that fits > all opinions. Has anyone seen any of the Pure Blue Japan non-denim clothing? I find it droolworthy.

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think it's strange that people don't want to take time out of their day to post pics of themselves for other dudes on the internet to look at.

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

I don't think it's strange that people don't want to take time out of their day to post pics of themselves for other dudes on the internet to look at.
    This as well Its kinda strange

11. APK

APK Senior member

True, but so is posting at a style messageboard.

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

True, but so is posting at a style messageboard.

yeah, but posting pictures is taking it up another notch or two

I think alot of it is that people are either too busy or too lazy

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

FTFY.
    you kidding me? I would never treat my MTM chambray in such a manner.
    Are

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

That's how I feel. But if I start a foundation of $1 paypal donations for my own camera I'd be happy to change that.

15. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

yeah, but posting pictures is taking it up another notch or two

I think alot of it is that people are either too busy or too lazy

Or maybe they see WAYWT posters getting called Frances McDormand and fear for their own egos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.