Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Garbage.

If you like them you like them case closed. Don't buy shit because random internet dudes are telling you to.

2. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Yeah you don't need to share the same ideals as others, some people prefer wearing more obscure clothes and don't like things that are ubiquitious, others don't care, but neither is superior or preferred as its entirely subjective. So before you hate yourself for buying something thats somewhat prevelant, think about whether that matters to you or not, if it does there's a problem, if it doesn't then there isn't.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

The minimal closet thread has had a lasting effect on me.

Thinking about doing a big clear out and just having the pieces I wear all the time and a concrete aesthetic. Would need a big sale thread, so would be good for all the peeps out there.

Decisions decisions.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Does that include sh00z?

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

Yeah I have some shoes to sell.

I don't know, it's just the idea of it appeals to me. I don't really wear alot of the stuff I have all the time, so I really should just have what I'm going to wear constantly.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

The minimal closet thread has had a lasting effect on me.

Thinking about doing a big clear out and just having the pieces I wear all the time and a concrete aesthetic.

i like the minimal closet idea but i don't think it's necessarily one aesthetic.

for the last 2 months i've worn pretty much TOJ, white vneck, KMW and chucks/dbs (i know badly need to step up footwear). It looks good but i need some other shit for a different aesthetic, it's boring.

i'd say just get rid of the stuff which isn't your nicest in a given category. e.g. keep one pair of hitops, one leather jacket etc.

7. snake

snake Senior member

The minimal closet thread has had a lasting effect on me. Thinking about doing a big clear out and just having the pieces I wear all the time and a concrete aesthetic. Would need a big sale thread, so would be good for all the peeps out there. Decisions decisions.
    Did this last fall and got rid of everything I hardly wore. Best decision of my life. It definitely allowed me to focus more on my aesthetic as well as get rid of all that clutter. Why keep stuff you're never going to (or want to) wear.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

what do you do when someone you love might be a hoarder? [​IMG] i know i feel like one at times

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

^^Better check yourself before you wreck yourself, because standing in garbage up to your ass is bad for your health. (check)

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

minimal closet is kinda cool i guess but it also removes some of the "playfulness" of clothing imo

11. APK

APK Senior member

I like the idea in theory, but then it becomes like you're perpetually attending private school. I decided to snatch the best of both worlds: invest in certain pieces, skimp on rounding out the picture.

Something like a good pair of boots or coat isn't something you should really cheap out on. But I don't have a problem mixing those things with some shirts or trousers from Uniqlo, H&M, etc.

That's especially the case during the hot months. I want a bunch of madras, linen, and color variety, but I don't have the notes to make that happen on "baller"-level items. In those cases, I don't mind the Uniqlos of the world for spotting me some shirts that will get pretty good use for at least a few seasons.

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

i sized up on my t-000 for a slouchier fit, best decision ever. They also faded pretty damn nicely, shame I don't really wear black anymore.

I liked the T-000

T- Tapered
    S- Straight

and the numbers are varying degree's of taper.

so for slim straight/ 20cm cut, go with s-001? or t-000?

13. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

I'm just happy to see SF over the whole ocbd/raw denim/desert boot look. I welcome our fellow baller sneakerheads.

The raw denim part makes me feel left behind (I'm sitting at work wearing my Evisu 2000 No.2). Superdenim fortunately has not changed much, so there's still a place with people way more obsessed with raw denim than me.

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

if only i had $2k to blow on clothes, I could pick up a few really nice pieces. this lack of funds frustrates me. fuck

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you want slim straight you want S-001 which is by definition slim straight.

T-000 is more like 17cm (size 32 has a 17cm hem not sure about 30).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.