Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nellie-fashion

nellie-fashion New Member

I like scanning through formal attire for ladies and pick one to wear in some occasion.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you all should get zeiss lenses and stop this madness

3. Jinx88

Jinx88 Active Member

it all depends on your Rx. with me, if i want 100% crystal clear vision, i need to shell out $500+ on some special lens that corrects everything orrrrrr i can spend $150-$175 and get something that i can live with everyday. the difference between the two doesn't warrant the $400 premium, so that's why i don't pay for it.
    Or you can be a huge dumbass like myself and skip glasses/contacts, clinging to the hope of one day amassing enough extra cash for laser eye surgery.

The worst part is that my aunt is a laser eye surgeon and won't even give me a discount.

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

you all should get zeiss lenses and stop this madness

zeiss lenses will not solve a lot of people's problems. it's all about the Rx. sure, they will be nice for a simple near or far sighted Rx, but other's with unique situations, there isn't a perfect solution.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^ how are they so cheap. my sister lived there for a year and bought around 10 pairs for the same amount of money as my 1. i never understood that.

because it's just a fucking piece of plastic

i can get zeiss for something like $300 but lol fuck that

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

true. yet another way why healthcare here is fucked.

7. APK

APK Senior member

For me, new glasses would be strictly a sartorial thing. I don't wear glasses now unless one of my eyes is practically falling out. I actually like contact lenses, aside from the cost associated with them.

Once I started wearing contacts, glasses became a terrible thing to wear out in public. I remember getting a viral infection in one eye in late 2008 that forced me to stay away from contacts for more than a week. That's what prompted me to get new glasses. While I was waiting for those to come in, I had my wonky glasses from like 10th grade. I remember going to the gym with just one lens instead of wearing the glasses. That's fun, driving home on a December night with only one eye opened.

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

kinda curious about your motivation for this, care to explain?

The majority of my stuff is

- for working at target
    - purchases at the thrift store I didn't think through

Also, I don't have a 'professional' enough wardrobe. 95% was an exageration. But as it stands I need to have a lot of stuff tailored , or just admit there is no room for it in my wardrobe.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

For me, new glasses would be strictly a sartorial thing. I don't wear glasses now unless one of my eyes is practically falling out. I actually like contact lenses, aside from the cost associated with them.

Once I started wearing contacts, glasses became a terrible thing to wear out in public. I remember getting a viral infection in one eye in late 2008 that forced me to stay away from contacts for more than a week. That's what prompted me to get new glasses. While I was waiting for those to come in, I had my wonky glasses from like 10th grade. I remember going to the gym with just one lens instead of wearing the glasses. That's fun, driving home on a December night with only one eye opened.

you could do a cheap ass pair for when you need/want to wear glasses then do some faux lenses on nicer frames with wearing contacts. i know quite a few people that do this.

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Also, I don't have a 'professional' enough wardrobe. 95% was an exageration. But as it stands I need to have a lot of stuff tailored , or just admit there is no room for it in my wardrobe.

do you really need a professional wardrobe?

11. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

^
    It is quite possible I'll be in a different job once moved. I am just trying to be optimistic.

12. APK

APK Senior member

you could do a cheap ass pair for when you need/want to wear glasses then do some faux lenses on nicer frames with wearing contacts. i know quite a few people that do this.

I was thinking about that. I've never worn such lenses. Is there much of a difference in appearance between them and legit lenses?

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i think it would be made of the same material. Rx lenses are just cut and bent in a way to distort and refract light in a certain way. i don't see why making one with zero distortion is any different.

14. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I leave Florida and get to New York on literally the hottest day of the year. [​IMG] Apparently Queen Elizabeth is also in town. lol

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.