Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

When every hipster in NY has a pair like the ones Razele bought off German Ebay how can you feel good wearing them?

I could feel good because whether or not I feel good isn't based on some need to be cooler than and different from other people. It'd suck to live like that and get totally owned every time other people have the audacity to start liking things you like.

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

How many people really have GAT's here??

Does anyone realise that they are almost the same as samba's without the stripes? Are we really saying that were going to hate them now?

Scott don't you wear TB and plaids and CdG play chucks? Sorry man I don't really understand when that stuff is way more popular.

I see CdG play EVERY day on asian hipsters in BRISBANE of all places. I've never, ever seen GAT's on anyone elses feet.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

do you ?

4. APK

APK Senior member

Scott sounds like the music snob who liked all of those bands before they sold out and everyone else started to like them.

5. the shah

when you stroll down houston toward broadway you can do as you please

6. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be unique or different, scott has just been overly honest about this where most people wouldn't admit to it. Yes it does imply that you want to be 'better' than everyone else, but really is that such a bad thing, at least in this case? I mean don't we all want to dress better than the average joe? It doesn't necessarily infer that joe blogs is a bad person, or even that he dresses badly, it just means that we want to dress better than he does for all the time and effort we spend trying to look good. In this respect, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be unique.

7. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I love it, keep firing shots dudes, hate away [​IMG] Also, I sadly have retired my play chucks for the same purpose, though I still love them, as I love my margielas. I'm just saying when some things reach a saturation point and jump the shark it's good to let it go. shahanshah I don't get the bitchassness towards me, I really don't get how what streets you spotted me walking down has anything to do with anything. EDIT: xenox thank you for explaining it and putting in the time I didn't care to.

8. the shah

it has nothing to do with anything, i was trying to give you a free pass but you blew the cover.

9. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Went right over my head dude, my bad. I'm out, gonna play gta 4 at my friends.

10. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

I've never, ever seen GAT's on anyone elses feet.

Nor have I. Despite its popularity on the interwebs, it's not the sort of thing you see in the wild very often.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

When every hipster in NY has a pair like the ones Razele bought off German Ebay how can you feel good wearing them?

Gonna have to co-sign on this, when garbage dus have them you can't feel good no matter what they are. Love wearing ballin sneaks peeps don't recognize.

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Heads up chickens, massive B&S thread coming soon...please buy my shit so I can survive NYC. [​IMG]

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

Are hordes of people actually wearing GATs? I live in a fashion dead zone so I'm unlikely to be exposed to such things on a regular basis.

14. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

Also, 2) the design itself is functional and makes no excuses about the design details: the suede toecap that extendsover the top of the forefoot plus the extra pad layer in those reinforcement stripes make them a little more durable, and good for ball control - indoor, I'm sure, was played often by the BW. The soles being from the Samba and not another shoe is no coincidence either.
    3) they are obscure vintage militaria, which makes them cool as hell intrinsically, without being over the top military or unwearable, like most militaria can be, when worn in a civilian look.

the shoes were primarily designed to be worn as an indoor sports shoe (gum sole leaves no marks). indoor soccer balls are made of the same fuzzy material tennis balls are made of thus the suede upper gives better control while playing.

[​IMG]

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Tapered trousers are weird, I was figuring out how much I need to hem them and it's so much more than I'm used to in order to get rid of stacking but then when I sit they ride really high (as in at the top of my Ricards) what a headache

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.