Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connor

connor Senior member

already stretched some and still a little snug, they'll be just right. bought used

2. APK

APK Senior member

I've been spoiled by free shipping. I've been on the other end of these things, so I understand why some smaller retailers are still holding out on free shipping. But it's a bit deflating to think you're getting something at a good price, only to see it jump quite a bit when you add it to the cart and see the s/h tacked on.

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

tried on my first pair of APCs today. fits like a glove, really near perfect fit. wish i got these for my first pair of raws instead of my fucking slim jims

It's just about time for some new blue jeans, and I don't know whether to chance PBJ/somet sizing or just stick with petit standards that I've loved for a year and a half :-/

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Tough call. It gets expensive fast, attempting to chase the perfect fit. I have not done myself any favors by purchasing more pairs. I have been fighting tooth and nail to not pick up a new, fast fading pair. I won the battle by insisting I wait for Self Edge's next sale (rare).

edit - I may not have won if SE would provide refunds instead of store credit, which I would inevitably be stuck with or pleading with B&S over.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Yeah, I haven't even had the remotest desire for new jeans for at least a year now, but my go-to pair of blues (PS) are starting to look a little worn-in to be acceptable in every situation. I don't need more black jeans, and I'm going to hold out as long as possible, but the repairs are starting to build up....it makes me very sad.

I should add that I've probably been happier with my petit standards than with any other item of clothing I've ever purchased. H'm.

6. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

I just took a bath with my N&F skinny guys, and the look of soaking wet dark denim is really cool.

7. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

It's wedding season, which means there's a new wedding photo album surfacing on Facebook each week. Those are enough to make me think that we should scrap the tradition of giving the groomsmen gifts and instead, pay for part (or all) of the cost to put them in H&M suits. Not the greatest suits, but they'd look dozens of times better than these tuxedo monstrosities I'm seeing. And at least they'd get to keep the suit.

I agree with this 100%. I am a groomsman for one of my good friends weddings and I have to go out and rent a tux with a oreange vest under to wear. For the same damn price I could go buy something that actually fits at H&M instead of wearing a tent. But considering him nor any of the other groomsmen don't know shit about how things should fit, I am stuck spending a 150 bucks on a shitty rental.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

It's just about time for some new blue jeans, and I don't know whether to chance PBJ/somet sizing or just stick with petit standards that I've loved for a year and a half :-/
    This isn't even a decision. If you care at all about the characteristics of the denim itself, APCs are no better than Levi's

9. Mr. Pharmacist

Mr. Pharmacist Senior member

I'm really starting to not care anymore. I just wear these h&m sweatshorts, and a (possibly fake) CDG shirt I ebayed with green inserts pretty much every day. Dunno

10. connor

connor Senior member

synthese, i want to see you in a pair of diors.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I'm really starting to not care anymore. I just wear these h&m sweatshorts, and a (possibly fake) CDG shirt I ebayed with green inserts pretty much every day. Dunno

You're just ruining all the paintwork with that...

12. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

walk into barneys outlet and ask to see where the skinny ties are. Dude walks me over to a huge table of ties and says these are the skinny ties. I immediately go "that one" and snatch up a black and red polka dot eg tie for $35 bucks. Dude sighs... im like "hu" he goes:

you know your shit you picked the only good one on the table.

i luled

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Ive had a PM about my GATs already, but if anyone else wants me to order them some and they live in Australia or NZ (or somewhere in southasia etc) let me know.

I'm thinking of starting a thread as well.

Holla.

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

dudes are gat-shit crazy

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

i think i'm the only sf guy that doesn't have gats and only sort of wants a pair (well not really just a pair of mmm highs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.