• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been spoiled by free shipping. I've been on the other end of these things, so I understand why some smaller retailers are still holding out on free shipping. But it's a bit deflating to think you're getting something at a good price, only to see it jump quite a bit when you add it to the cart and see the s/h tacked on.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
tried on my first pair of APCs today. fits like a glove, really near perfect fit. wish i got these for my first pair of raws instead of my ******* slim jims

It's just about time for some new blue jeans, and I don't know whether to chance PBJ/somet sizing or just stick with petit standards that I've loved for a year and a half :-/

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough call. It gets expensive fast, attempting to chase the perfect fit. I have not done myself any favors by purchasing more pairs. I have been fighting tooth and nail to not pick up a new, fast fading pair. I won the battle by insisting I wait for Self Edge's next sale (rare).

edit - I may not have won if SE would provide refunds instead of store credit, which I would inevitably be stuck with or pleading with B&S over.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't even had the remotest desire for new jeans for at least a year now, but my go-to pair of blues (PS) are starting to look a little worn-in to be acceptable in every situation. I don't need more black jeans, and I'm going to hold out as long as possible, but the repairs are starting to build up....it makes me very sad.

I should add that I've probably been happier with my petit standards than with any other item of clothing I've ever purchased. H'm.

dls6128

Reaction score
I just took a bath with my N&F skinny guys, and the look of soaking wet dark denim is really cool.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It's wedding season, which means there's a new wedding photo album surfacing on Facebook each week. Those are enough to make me think that we should scrap the tradition of giving the groomsmen gifts and instead, pay for part (or all) of the cost to put them in H&M suits. Not the greatest suits, but they'd look dozens of times better than these tuxedo monstrosities I'm seeing. And at least they'd get to keep the suit.

I agree with this 100%. I am a groomsman for one of my good friends weddings and I have to go out and rent a tux with a oreange vest under to wear. For the same damn price I could go buy something that actually fits at H&M instead of wearing a tent. But considering him nor any of the other groomsmen don't know **** about how things should fit, I am stuck spending a 150 bucks on a ****** rental.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
It's just about time for some new blue jeans, and I don't know whether to chance PBJ/somet sizing or just stick with petit standards that I've loved for a year and a half :-/
This isn't even a decision. If you care at all about the characteristics of the denim itself, APCs are no better than Levi's

Mr. Pharmacist

Reaction score
I'm really starting to not care anymore. I just wear these h&m sweatshorts, and a (possibly fake) CDG shirt I ebayed with green inserts pretty much every day. Dunno

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Pharmacist
I'm really starting to not care anymore. I just wear these h&m sweatshorts, and a (possibly fake) CDG shirt I ebayed with green inserts pretty much every day. Dunno

You're just ruining all the paintwork with that...

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
walk into barneys outlet and ask to see where the skinny ties are. Dude walks me over to a huge table of ties and says these are the skinny ties. I immediately go "that one" and snatch up a black and red polka dot eg tie for $35 bucks. Dude sighs... im like "hu" he goes:

you know your **** you picked the only good one on the table.

i luled

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive had a PM about my GATs already, but if anyone else wants me to order them some and they live in Australia or NZ (or somewhere in southasia etc) let me know.

I'm thinking of starting a thread as well.

Holla.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i think i'm the only sf guy that doesn't have gats and only sort of wants a pair (well not really just a pair of mmm highs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads