Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiru

wiru Senior member

Good example of SF group think. No one had anything good to say about, then Mauro picks up a lot of their cuts for spring '09 and suddenly, Crate is allegedly the best denim you can buy for that price.
    dead on about the power of groupthink on here
    Not really. Crate had been popular on the board for years, but by 09 it had just fallen off the radar a bit. A lot of respected posters supported them (Whodini, Get Smart). The board beasted over their khakis (in 08?). More than a few affiliates carried them. They were never as popular as APC, but had a strong following and a good reputation. Maybe their quality has declined, but they obviously put out a good product at one point. Probably the reason expectations for the Farinelli's collab were high. But hey, GROUPTHINK!!!![​IMG]

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Was at a workshop with a few hundred other teachers the past couple of days. Never thought people gave a shit about clothes but I was getting compliments all the fucking time, saying how much of a baller I am, random girls putting fingers through my hair saying how much they love Morrissey, and everyone just gave me cigars/beer/whatever at night.

Jet this is your life every day c/d?

Nice- yeah well, ex-pat girls are easy [​IMG] All you have to do is not be pathetic/awkward/weird like all the other guys and BAM you're at the top of the pile. [​IMG]

3. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

Not really. Crate had been popular on the board for years, but by 09 it had just fallen off the radar a bit. A lot of respected posters supported them (Whodini, Get Smart). The board beasted over their khakis (in 08?). More than a few affiliates carried them. They were never as popular as APC, but had a strong following and a good reputation. Maybe their quality has declined, but they obviously put out a good product at one point. Probably the reason expectations for the Farinelli's collab were high.

But hey, GROUPTHINK!!!![​IMG]

I've got a Crate gingham shirt, and the quality to price ratio is really good. No complaints at all, I'm planning on buying more of their shirts(since thats what my wardrobe is lacking, decent shirts I can wear without trying to baby.)

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

So hard to choose what to wear to a club... Assume you have every color of pants and shirt, what do you wear? Last week was already purple pants/white shirt/purple tie. [​IMG]

5. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

no shirt / body glitter? (3)

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That sounds like a vote for waxed black jeans to me

7. barims

barims Senior member

I will be wandering around former colonies a lot in the next year, do you think I should get a white coton or a beige lien suit made? Not sure which one will most suitably make me look like a 1930s louche exile who ran off due to gambling debts.

Either is a great idea, though the white will prevent you from straying into the milieu of the Princes of Wales, of whom you're no fan

Aside from that, I think your usual aesthetics will be totally appropriate. And if you're visiting Ghana, look me up

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

drying my hair right now, remembered naaate's post about mauro and spontaneously started laughing to myself

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

[​IMG] White or light-pink shirt? okay pink it is, cockfags

10. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

drying my hair right now, remembered naaate's post about mauro and spontaneously started laughing to myself

That Mauro quote was the best thing to happen to my monitor all week.

11. AGPi

AGPi Senior member

Kicking Mule Workshop is the worst money I've ever spent. The rocker cut is terrible.

12. onion

onion Senior member

So I'd been wanting some bright ass sneakers for summer. I'd been debating between bright yellow Common Projects, and object dyed bright green sneakers on yoox. I almost bought the green shoes 3 or 4 times, but could never pull the trigger. I finally decided to go with the green ones today, and when I go to yoox to buy them I see they have been marked down $80 from just earlier this morning, plus I found a 10% off code online which saved me another $12. [​IMG]

Here are the shoes if anyone wants to see them (the green ones): http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=3...d10=44205087HC

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

liiiink please

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.