Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

^[​IMG] I love T4phage so much

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Thinking about transferring schools because fashion is so bad at U of I. Well, not entirely for that reason, but it's a big part of it. Also I don't want to have to hear the new Black Eyed Peas hit every time I leave my room. It's the same thing, I think. I like good things, so when I spend years of my life in a place where everyone will only like shitty things, it is bad? Bad enough to transfer to a 50k/year school? Fuckin' Columbia, I could buy the whole BoO f/w collection for that kind of money.
    Sorry bro but newsflash: you're gonna have to deal with the same plebeian bullshit at any and every college in the US of A. Just grab your balls like a fist full of dollars and carry on. That's all you can do.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

SW&D: Fist full of ballers

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Sorry bro but newsflash: you're gonna have to deal with the same plebeian bullshit at any and every college in the US of A. Just grab your balls like a fist full of dollars and carry on. That's all you can do.

Aaaaaaannnndd thank you, mr. ARW

5. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

scored 170 on my daily practice LSAT.... going to kill this thing. Then go on a shopping spree in November.

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Just grab your balls like a fist full of dollars and carry on. That's all you can do.

Words to live by, thanks ARW. It's hard to establish a perspective on things like this when you're just breaking into the adult world. Sigged in my heart.

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I'm bored so i decided to read through MC.

This thread and some of the quotes in it i think pretty much sum up the problems SW&D has with MC;

I am really horribel about that - I basically have suits and sweats. if I go to the gym and then pick up my son or do an errand, I look like a bum. but I'm not going to shower and put on a suit to run an errand right after the gym.

I may wear the odd jeans always with a open neck shirt mixed with a sportcoat ...

Definitely. I live right down the street from the grocery store and it's wicked hot here many months of the year...so on goes the shorts and T-shirt with flops. Let's be honest, I'm not trying to impress the 16-yr old cashiers with my sartorial savvy (however much of it I may have, anyways). [​IMG]

SP

I made a promise to myself a year or so ago - no more t-shirts. I gave them all to goodwill, and now I only wear shirts. That said, weekend wear is often jeans, shirt and a pair of Alden 990s. I'll wear something 'special' if I'm feeling feisty or out somewhere special though.

Weekday wear is where I actually find myself questioning whether I'm well dressed. Suit, tie, shirt, shoes - all of good quality and (hopefully) well matched, but rarely with SF attention to detail (pocket square, fanatical attention to fit, interesting fabrics). Most days I just feel I'm blending in with the crowd in an office environment.

It's all relative. I can dress 'well' at the weekend with less effort than it takes during the week, because very few people wear a linen suit, or seersucker sportcoat, or tweed. In the office, though, everyone wears the 'uniform' and it's the final 5% attention to detail that's the differentiator.

I don't even leave my room if I am lookign the slightest bit unkept. I rarely leave the house not suited but sometimes on saturdays when I have nothing going on I will just throw on a button up and some slacks, that is probably the most casual I get bedies when i'm sleeping.

Couple of things:
    1. The idea that looking nice=wearing suits and sportcoats, and casual wear can't look good.

2. bowtielover is an idiot.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I want a pair of skinny raw jeans with a 38" inseam. This 34" crap is just not on.

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Try PBJ and somet at BIG, I think the inseams are 37-38 and 36, respectively. Also, are you really still a 52? You look my size these days.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

do you guys really read these paragraph long posts. i stop reading once i realize there are too many lines of text on some obfuscated frivolous topics. i dont know how you guys can stand wading through all the stupidity

12. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

I don't read on the internet, I scan everything

13. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

do you guys really read these paragraph long posts. i stop reading once i realize there are too many lines of text on some obfuscated frivolous topics. i dont know how you guys can stand wading through all the stupidity

Read faster.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Try PBJ and somet at BIG, I think the inseams are 37-38 and 36, respectively. Also, are you really still a 52? You look my size these days.
    50, usually. I am wearing a pair of N&F skinny guys in 31 right now which are okay but I wish they were longer. Neither PBJ nor Somet make a cut I'm really into right now. I might just get a size 31 or 32 Skull 5010xx, my 33s are slim but not tight.

15. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

How do you deal with books?

I have trouble being articulate in one or two sentences, I understand that others do too. I'll pay my dues and read their stuff; occasionally it turns out to be quite interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.