Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

maybe you're just an idiot because you can't see the connection between being -- not thinking they're feminist, being feminist, i don't know why you think you get to decide what people truly are -- and not displaying their bodies pretty much solely for the visual pleasure of men

Hmm... Well, most of them should stay covered up anyways.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

Maybe its just in Seattle [​IMG]

Where all the loose-moraled liberated white women at?

well there are actually a fair number of them in Seattle. You can meet some of them if you leave your parent's basement.

4. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

well there are actually a fair number of them in Seattle. You can meet some of them if you leave your parent's basement.

Jesus Christ, guys. The point Im trying to make is this: The only difference between what an oppressed Muslim woman's burqa and the hippie woman's uniform is the head covering and earth tones.

Its just ironic, in a way.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Jesus Christ, guys. The point Im trying to make is this: The only difference between what an oppressed Muslim woman's burqa and the hippie woman's uniform is the head covering and earth tones.

Its just ironic, in a way.

never mind, this is the dumbest post on styleforum

6. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Semantics.

7. asobu

asobu Senior member

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

So again, like Uncontrol said, you would prefer them to dress so you can greater admire their bodies instead of how they want to, correct?

9. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

How does one tell if a tailor is a good one. Need some work done on my Jil blazer i bought.

10. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

I actually get what Jesse is saying. It's kind of a reaction to "exploitation" and "sexism". So they view any display of their natural physical beauty (or lack therof) as exploitative and sexist (rather than embracing their own bodies), whereas the fundamentalist would view it as "unholy" or "immodest". Different reasonings entirely, but similar results. It has little to do with feminism, but usually has deeper roots in a lack of self confidence. I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.

11. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

I actually get what Jesse is saying. It's kind of a reaction to "exploitation" and "sexism". So they view any display of their natural physical beauty (or lack therof) as exploitative and sexist (rather than embracing their own bodies), whereas the fundamentalist would view it as "unholy" or "immodest". Different reasonings entirely, but similar results. It has little to do with feminism, but usually has deeper roots in a lack of self confidence. I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.

YES! Thats what Im saying.

God I wish I could communicate.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It has little to do with feminism, but usually has deeper roots in a lack of self confidence. I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.

[citation needed]

13. word

word Senior member

How does one tell if a tailor is a good one. Need some work done on my Jil blazer i bought.
    Let him tailor another piece of clothing not that important.
    I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.
    I hate this shit because I have to put up with it from mother any time I visit. Dare I bring a gf over for thanksgiving or something. I'll get a call about how I could be dating such a slut the next day. My sister has it worse though because mom will raid her suitcase and throw away any "slutty" clothing in there. Never heard the feminism excuse out loud, it's more to do with insecurity. Lumping all that together may not be entirely fair.

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

[citation needed]

he can't cite the orifice it's excreted from [​IMG]

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

depending on what city you're in, there are some recommendations especially in MC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.