1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

i bought a shirt at j. crew today

2. bma

bma Senior Member

just to make that post.

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

ToJ Varsity in medium/dark grey suede body + black lamb leather sleeves + all black trim.

Yay or Nay?

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

T-minus 2 hours until I have to change my location in my profile. Bye bye Vantown. I know this place will weep to see me go... so, sorry about the weather next week, everybody who's still here, apparently it's gonna be crap.

5. bdeuce22

Where u moving to?

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Not that far. Calgary.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Not that far. Calgary.

my condolences

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Don't worry about it, they're paying me enough to make the pain go away. Obviously, I guess, otherwise there's no way anyone would do this.

9. bdeuce22

Both places sound better than metro Detroit

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Calgary's okay. Actually it's better than okay, it's pretty fun if you're close to what stuff they have there. It's just a couple steps below Vancouver in terms of general goodness and cold as fuck in the winter like the rest of Canada. Vancouver is #1 to live in for me, really. But it's expensive and they pay new lawyers shit here. I don't even understand how people survive out of school, I guess much the same as in school. Not much student debt getting paid down around here, that's for sure.

11. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Senior Member

Calgary's okay. Actually it's better than okay, it's pretty fun if you're close to what stuff they have there. It's just a couple steps below Vancouver in terms of general goodness and cold as fuck in the winter like the rest of Canada. Vancouver is #1 to live in for me, really. But it's expensive and they pay new lawyers shit here. I don't even understand how people survive out of school, I guess much the same as in school. Not much student debt getting paid down around here, that's for sure.

Move another province east and then tell me what cold is. And then you will know why prairie boys are baffled by WAYWT's posted by guys in socal wearing jackets, pants and boots all year round... Can't do it

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I don't know what cold is, I'm perfectly aware of that, which is why I haven't bought a winter coat yet because I don't have a frame of reference to know what's needed. I might have to drop 6 bills on a Canada Goose parka or more on Moncler and I won't be happy about it because I don't really like puffies that much.

13. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

ToJ Varsity in medium/dark grey suede body + black lamb leather sleeves + all black trim.

Yay or Nay?

yay. pretty sure somebody's already done this. check the gallery

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Yay or Nay?

yay. pretty sure somebody's already done this. check the gallery

umhaha84 did one in that combo. looks really nice.

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

I don't know what cold is, I'm perfectly aware of that, which is why I haven't bought a winter coat yet because I don't have a frame of reference to know what's needed. I might have to drop 6 bills on a Canada Goose parka or more on Moncler and I won't be happy about it because I don't really like puffies that much.

Layer, man. You can get a number of more stylish thinner puffer vests, to go under a heavy wool coat. That + a beanie + regular winter clothes for indooors + heat tech + heat tech socks and some boots and you should be more than fine.

I'm gonna make some TOJ winter stuff this year for layering purposes, layers to go between your regular clothes and your stylish yet inadequately warm outer layers; I'm gonna be using various fabrics but I'm excited about this one wool batting double-faced in silk quilt fabric, it's quite thin but dense; it's made by Korean buddhist monks for making their own monk clothes, and would make a great inner coat or vest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.