• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bakatora

Reaction score
has anyone gotten raped by customs/import fees from buying from antonioli? about to drop a g on sneakers. -_-

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am so ******* tempted by the SS denim beach jacket on sale at SW right now. If I felt better about knowing my size, I would probably buy that ****.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Super random question but does anyone know of a program to remove or diminish vocals in an audio file?

iirc this is pretty tough to do, but can be accomplished with audacity or other sound editing software. If the song you want de-vocaled is popular it should be pretty easy to find a karaoke version, saving you the hassle.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So is McQueen not showing for S/S 2011? Normally it's shown in Paris, but the line (keep wanting to say "he") is not listed for Paris shows.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
iirc this is pretty tough to do, but can be accomplished with audacity or other sound editing software. If the song you want de-vocaled is popular it should be pretty easy to find a karaoke version, saving you the hassle.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. I dunno I have an old version of audacity on my other computer but I don't really know how to use it, I just use it to lower the key of songs I want to sing.

Yeah pretty much the stuff I want to take the vocals off of is hard to impossible to find karaoke for. Namely Sigur Ros which surprisingly, instrumental tracks are ridiculously hard to find.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Yeah, I've heard the same thing. I dunno I have an old version of audacity on my other computer but I don't really know how to use it, I just use it to lower the key of songs I want to sing.

Yeah pretty much the stuff I want to take the vocals off of is hard to impossible to find karaoke for. Namely Sigur Ros which surprisingly, instrumental tracks are ridiculously hard to find.

If you're lucky with the song, here's what you can try:
Import the song into audacity
Split it into the separate stereo tracks (dunno exactly where this option is)
Pick one track and use the invert effect on it
set both tracks to mono

This gets rid of vocals most of the time, since they'll usually be balanced between the two tracks in the mix.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Covering Jonsi is certainly ambitious, hahah...but I wouldn't sing any of the Icelandic songs, would just do the Hopelandic stuff and make up my own gibberish.

Also some people think it's actually easier to sing in a language you don't know because it makes you think about pronunciation differently, accenting vowels over consonants, and forces you to be a little more careful without making you overthink...hard to explain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads