1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

Maybe this is a dumb question but where can I find a schedule of the fashion week shows?

2. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

3. bakatora

bakatora Senior Member

has anyone gotten raped by customs/import fees from buying from antonioli? about to drop a g on sneakers. -_-

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

Super random question but does anyone know of a program to remove or diminish vocals in an audio file?

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I am so fucking tempted by the SS denim beach jacket on sale at SW right now. If I felt better about knowing my size, I would probably buy that shit.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

exam in 3 mins. think of me.

7. A Fellow Linguist

Super random question but does anyone know of a program to remove or diminish vocals in an audio file?

iirc this is pretty tough to do, but can be accomplished with audacity or other sound editing software. If the song you want de-vocaled is popular it should be pretty easy to find a karaoke version, saving you the hassle.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

So is McQueen not showing for S/S 2011? Normally it's shown in Paris, but the line (keep wanting to say "he") is not listed for Paris shows.

9. toothsomesound

iirc this is pretty tough to do, but can be accomplished with audacity or other sound editing software. If the song you want de-vocaled is popular it should be pretty easy to find a karaoke version, saving you the hassle.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. I dunno I have an old version of audacity on my other computer but I don't really know how to use it, I just use it to lower the key of songs I want to sing.

Yeah pretty much the stuff I want to take the vocals off of is hard to impossible to find karaoke for. Namely Sigur Ros which surprisingly, instrumental tracks are ridiculously hard to find.

10. A Fellow Linguist

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. I dunno I have an old version of audacity on my other computer but I don't really know how to use it, I just use it to lower the key of songs I want to sing.

Yeah pretty much the stuff I want to take the vocals off of is hard to impossible to find karaoke for. Namely Sigur Ros which surprisingly, instrumental tracks are ridiculously hard to find.

If you're lucky with the song, here's what you can try:
    Import the song into audacity
    Split it into the separate stereo tracks (dunno exactly where this option is)
    Pick one track and use the invert effect on it
    set both tracks to mono

This gets rid of vocals most of the time, since they'll usually be balanced between the two tracks in the mix.

11. toothsomesound

Sweet, thanks a lot, will try this. I have a feeling that Sigur Ros vocals are mixed really ridiculously though. :/ [​IMG]

12. ppllzz

ppllzz Distinguished Member

13. c00kz

c00kz Senior Member

Does sf stand to benefit from a diy thread?

14. Fluery

Fluery Senior Member

yea i don't see that working well for a band like sigur ros...

and arw, you're going to try to karaoke to a band that sings [mostly] in icelandic? that's ambitious

15. toothsomesound

Covering Jonsi is certainly ambitious, hahah...but I wouldn't sing any of the Icelandic songs, would just do the Hopelandic stuff and make up my own gibberish.

Also some people think it's actually easier to sing in a language you don't know because it makes you think about pronunciation differently, accenting vowels over consonants, and forces you to be a little more careful without making you overthink...hard to explain...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.