• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
^^just, I always think there's another post after yours until I get to your sig. Then I see the external banners on the bottom and...
frown.gif

frown.gif
i never knew it was a distraction to posters

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
frown.gif
i never knew it was a distraction to posters

no worries, it's just funny cos it gets me everytime

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
This made me laugh -- Uh, I will say that it was unmistakably him and he seemed tall to me. I should have said hai I'm SoCal. Thought about it actually but did not. Poor fellow already probably gets pestered enough already.

Random fashion conversation from DLester dinner with wife tonight: does wife need to wear burqa next week? Probably not, but inconclusive.

Huh?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just remembered. I saw some old Korean guy while walking to work. He was wearing a suit. Usually Korean men wear suits a couple sizes too big for them and stack more than I stack my jeans. This guy had them all beat. Two button jacket that reached his knees, sleeves going way past his fingertips. I won't go into how his pants fit, and can't mention shoes because they weren't visible. I'm wondering how the hell he not only went out in that, but how the hell he could have bought that thinking it looks good.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^^for every 10 of those guys though, there's one ancient guy with a 3 piece suit and a cane, pimping all skeet skeet skeet at like 11am.

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon
LMAO @ Bed Stu.

trying to be gangster fails when you don't know how to pronounce the hoods you're referencing. the village idiot knows it's pronounced bed sty.

To be fair, Bed Sty is a terrible name for a clothing company.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I know I'm deserving of my own disdain here, but I personally really feel like I haven't looked stylish in awhile. I haven't bought any new clothes in a long time, minus some more Margiela trousers and I just wear them with a simple button up and skinny tie every day for work. Boring!

I'm sure everyone has their reasons, and that's why the thread hasn't been encouraging lately.

It'd still probably look good. The reason for my fail is pure laziness. Although I haven't really been playing around with proportions for a while now, my wardrobe has grown considerably, mainly because I am getting more and more picky about complementing texture and tone, which is considerably more difficult that just getting the basics right. For example, I just switched from my Wings+Horns raw jeans because they were too saturated a blue (miss my 5EP's which matched with most things because of their complexity) to match with the washed black of my Robert Geller belt, to the washed pair, which, for reasons unknown, more black in the wash.

Not only am I too lazy to post take a picture, but the manipulation necessary to show the gradients in tone really bring out my inherent laziness.

Brian and I used to discuss why all black typically looks like crap, because people seem to have really poorly calibrated senses of tone. I do think that the Atelier guys have a good sense of this.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this. haven't really bought ****.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
The worst part about that thread (besides the Xenox dogpiling which I just addressed), is that it isn't really used as a way for stylish people to post good fits, but rather for newbies to post their fits and everyone else to tell them whats wrong with them. The only way to alleviate that is to have senior members posting fits more often (Stazy would be a perfect example - your fits are always on point but they're few and far between).

I know I'm deserving of my own disdain here, but I personally really feel like I haven't looked stylish in awhile. I haven't bought any new clothes in a long time, minus some more Margiela trousers and I just wear them with a simple button up and skinny tie every day for work. Boring!

I'm sure everyone has their reasons, and that's why the thread hasn't been encouraging lately.

Lel, looks like AnnD finally made it to UO.
laugh.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
this. haven't really bought ****.

Me either. I think i've worn a combined 4 solid outfits in the past month combined and on was a wedding so i was forced to dress decent. I've been lazy and even when i am dressing above average, i need to find a place to take pictures since my old spot is gone.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SS2010 is going to suck. Nothing good at all.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
For the lumberjack cosplayer, every season past F/W 08 will have nothing to look forward to
wink.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
For the lumberjack cosplayer, every season past F/W 08 will have nothing to look forward to
wink.gif

For the Left-Coast-surfer-hippie-wannabe, though, SS10 will be a new beginning... amirite, BoO? WWM? etc. etc.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Brian and I used to discuss why all black typically looks like crap, because people seem to have really poorly calibrated senses of tone. I do think that the Atelier guys have a good sense of this.

Most "black" isn't really black. For cheaper items especially, black usually seems to have a rust-colored tint.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Huh?

I believe that he had one of your posts as his sig for a long time. I was kidding, no offense intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads