Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

They're great for killing your wife.

[​IMG]

2. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I am surprised you have much opportunity to wear knits in Brisbane. My brother in law lived there for years and said that it was basically tropical year round.

It is, but as soon as we can, we start piling on the winter gear. Candians would be in shorts and tank tops, but we'd be wearing a sweater, jacket, jeans, boots ... It's not because we're that cold, but because its the only chance we've got.

I need to move to a colder climate, anyone out there hiring?

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I want a pair of light pink pants... white always looked a bit off and stark to me. I'll probably wait until spring to find some though.

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I want a pair of light pink pants... white always looked a bit off and stark to me. I'll probably wait until spring to find some though.

Scallop pink?

I love AA slim slack cords.

5. KevinT

KevinT Member

I have spent way too much time reading the J Crew thread to not actually own any J Crew.

6. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I have spent way too much time reading the J Crew thread to not actually own any J Crew.

You're not missing out on anything.

7. KevinT

KevinT Member

I am sure others would argue differently. But what do I know? I'm new [​IMG]

8. breakz

breakz Senior member

I am sure others would argue differently. But what do I know? I'm new [​IMG]

Well I mean they're preppy basics. Fit and quality slightly better than Gap/Express. You'll be fine, I promise. [​IMG]

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Don't feel bad. I regularly read the Random Fashion Thoughts thread and yet I don't own any MMM and I have never even touched a Jil Sander knit.

10. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

The above few comments made me have this random fashion thought: In Canada, there is not an alternative to the Gap for "basics". No J Crew, no Express, no any of these stores for regular clothes. There are now H&Ms, but I have bought 2 items that were unwearable after the first wash, so I have thrown in the towel on them.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

The above few comments made me have this random fashion thought: In Canada, there is not an alternative to the Gap for "basics". No J Crew, no Express, no any of these stores for regular clothes. There are now H&Ms, but I have bought 2 items that were unwearable after the first wash, so I have thrown in the towel on them.

AA?

12. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

The secret is to never wash your H&M clothing--that way, it will last forever.

13. KevinT

KevinT Member

You are completely right. It's actually frustrating to have to settle for The Gap (or even AA) sometimes when I want better fit, or even something as simple as more selection. If any Canadian SF members have any secret alternative stores in that price range, it would be much appreciated, but I won't expect much [​IMG]

14. APK

APK Senior member

If this continues, I guarantee someone here is going to buy some Uggs, but won't be sure why.

15. Mark C.

Mark C. Senior member

If this continues, I guarantee someone here is going to buy some Uggs, but won't be sure why.

Perfectly stated [​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.