Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

^ The entire outfit, from head to toe, is perfection in my opinion.

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

It is pretty bad. It's just too small and not in an interesting Thom Browne sort of interpretation.

Reminds me of the It's Always Sunny episode where Dennis tries to make these insanely mis-proportioned dresses.

3. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

I guess I love the It's Always Sunny episode where Dennis tries to make these insanely mis-proportioned dresses.

4. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

fuck yeah double pockets and double tie

I sorta like the colour.

5. Binker

Binker Senior member

Wearing that suit in a business environment would be a good way to ensure your career goes nowhere.

6. Binker

Binker Senior member

I wish I could pos rep/neg rep or give a star rating to every individual Uncontrol post. He bats like .279, like most people raelly, but sometimes he hits some hr's and sometimes he strikes out miserably.

The thing is, he's the only one swinging. The tiresome attempts at quipping are quickly becoming unbearable.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

The thing is, he's the only one swinging. The tiresome attempts at quipping are quickly becoming unbearable.

I say good sir, I take offence at your disparaging remarks about my character. Perchance we could sit down and talk it out like gentlemen?

8. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Wearing that suit in a business environment would be a good way to ensure your career goes nowhere.
    Bollocks. In a conservative/true blue business environment - Yes. Definitely. Fortunately, that's not the case though and probably won't change anytime soon ( Knock on wood ! ) If "high-fashion suits" would really handicap my career, then I probably wouldn't have climbed up the greasy pole within the last 6 months. Of course it depends on the exact business field/segment though. If I was a banker ( for instance ), I wouldn't wear the pictured suit of course and go with something more serious and less playful...

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

It is pretty bad. It's just too small and not in an interesting Thom Browne sort of interpretation.

Reminds me of the It's Always Sunny episode where Dennis tries to make these insanely mis-proportioned dresses.

Wasn't dennis's fault the models were fat

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

company called Jonathan Adler, I'll be managing their Customer Service operations.
    The interior accessories firm?

The namesake is the "business associate" of Simon Doonan of Barney's NY fame. The company is based in S.F.

11. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

The interior accessories firm?

The namesake is the "business associate" of Simon Doonan of Barney's NY fame. The company is based in S.F.

Correct sir!

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i've said this before but i'm for real going to stop being such a bitch particularly in waywt snarkiness comes from the ego [​IMG]

13. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Wasn't dennis's fault the models were fat

What an awesome show. Not much happening in TV comedy right now.

14. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Bollocks. In a conservative/true blue business environment - Yes. Definitely. Fortunately, that's not the case though and probably won't change anytime soon ( Knock on wood ! ) If "high-fashion suits" would really handicap my career, then I probably wouldn't have climbed up the greasy pole within the last 6 months. Of course it depends on the exact business field/segment though. If I was a banker ( for instance ), I wouldn't wear the pictured suit of course and go with something more serious and less playful...

yeah i don't think the suit would hurt your career. that stuff's bullshit.

What i don't like is that the buttoning point is relatively high, and the trousers are quite low rise. just looks weird.

15. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I can't think of any business environment aside from the 'super trendy' (e.g.: modern cafes and fashion outlets) that would accept that kind of attire. It's way too slim and 'fashiony' to be taken seriously, makes the person come across as ostentatious for trying to be 'cool' even in a business environment. There's a somewhat humble attitude that goes with conservative attire and someone wearing a suit like this suggests the complete opposite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.