• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asaa1000

Reaction score
I
@asaa1000 raf simmons black derby is super nice, buy it 2nd hand for maximum value. or do what i did and order Vass because well vass
I have a pair of Vass cordovan derby for work, but really looking for a more casual, rounder toe box, like the Visvim 73 Folk toe box even. Will check out the Raf derbies, is the quality decent?

touchthesky

Reaction score
I have a pair of Vass cordovan derby for work, but really looking for a more casual, rounder toe box, like the Visvim 73 Folk toe box even. Will check out the Raf derbies, is the quality decent?

I've owned a couple Raf Derbies from different years, and handled a third pair. Leather quality appears to differ with season. The pair I kept is really nice, and the creasing is not substantial on this particular pair. I wear these often to work and casually too and really like the shape.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking Tokyo, anything happening next week? It will be the 3rd time I have been, I have nights and the weekend after next to do as I see fit. Staying in the Ginza. Any dinner recommendations?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone bought from before? is it good? Am, I not allowed to talk about it? It got changed to ebay when i posted.

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Wesco and Officine Creative boots. They could not be more different. Those Wesco boots are gonna be terrible to break in, but at least it’s a Cristy sole. The Officine Creative zip leather boots are like butter. They’re an interesting taupe color, which I didn’t think I’d like, but now I want a taupe Stóffa jacket to go with it.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone bought from grail ed.com before? is it good? Am, I not allowed to talk about it? It got changed to ebay when i posted.

yeah, its fine and there is a lot of protection if you are a buyer. You can talk about it but for reasons i dont want to get into and i dont know hte full details of its frowned upon to directly link to the aforementioned site.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh ok, edited it out then. Thanks for info!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I

i just received my MTO pair, (see https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...iews-sizing-etc.130044/page-1430#post-9111119) and I'm certain i can wear these casual and with a suit if i like.

re raf never owned them but they seem cool, leather will be so so from the look of em

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking Tokyo, anything happening next week? It will be the 3rd time I have been, I have nights and the weekend after next to do as I see fit. Staying in the Ginza. Any dinner recommendations?
Yoshitake for sushi and Kagari for tori paitan ramen were cool in the Ginza area.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I have no idea how anyone ever finds a good Christmas gift. This is literally the most impossible task in the world and you have to do it for a bunch of people.

be asian and gift money.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sort of on topic but if there is a gift exchange at work I was thinking a $20 In-n-Out gift card would be well received.

or if you can spare the time I think food and drinks during the holiday is best, spread it out. Have the person pick their favorite place. i don't think it has to be an actual present exchanged in person. And food is always good, plus, you actually spend time with the person even if it is over breakfast/coffee. I can see it can be a pain if you're in a big network..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads