• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy Did they ever ask you to be a judge on Fit Battles? I want to see you on Fit Battles.
No, but I probably (95%+) sound like a catty teenage girl, but burlier, and in leather.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with most of his articles. I just don't see what's wrong with people having fun. This is like someone getting made about the state of rollercoasters.

I mean, I like the occasional rant, but Eugene needs to take a nap

And the point about the ascendancy of the image might be taken further: a visual trend expands incredibly rapidly now. And it's velocity is it's value in many ways.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I probably (95%+) sound like a catty teenage girl, but burlier, and in leather.

4398A077-3DB0-426C-BBAD-EC7E12BD65E2.jpeg

bortalizer93

Reaction score
i don't think fit can be judged nor be pitted against one another. the moment you start, that's the moment fashion stops becoming a platform of expression and starting to be a dick measuring contest.

and that is why i love how eugene looked in the whole shoot. he's looking like "this is so lame. why am i here? i should be home making auguries on the melancholy in rick owen's creation"

and yeah, i might be going against the current here but i have to side with eugene. he's not exactly having a sunshine disposition but i think he knows his ****. uniformity kills creativity and that's why he took a stance against band t shirt. everyone from jerry lorenzo to the jenners to urban outfitter made it. that uniformity takes away the incentive for something different to be made.

and i think that's why he disagrees with the t shirt in the show. it's not that he think the guy cannot pull it off. but instead i believe he's lamenting at why he chooses to pull that off instead of something else?

looking good is easy business. looking interesting is more challenging.

EDIT: that being said, i still think eugene is not the kind of person to hang in a cat cafe with.

i think he's the kind of person who sits below an oak tree under the soft light of afternoon sun while smoking cigarette, in which we will walk up nervously because we need his wisdom on what pants to wear on a tinder date. and instead of giving us straight up answer, he will rant off regarding the culture of pants and online dating, making us question would it even matter anyway. and when we want to say thank you (out of politeness), he will cut us off and say "it's nothing, don't thank me" while flicking his cigarette to a pile of dry leaves; starting a minor forest fire.

Last edited:

tgaith77

Reaction score
i think he's the kind of person who sits below an oak tree under the soft light of afternoon sun while smoking cigarette, in which he secretly hopes we will walk up nervously because we need his wisdom on what pants to wear on a tinder date. And as we walk up, we gasp, "what an amazing old oak tree!" and continue enjoying our day in the park like a normal human.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i think he's the kind of person who sits below an oak tree under the soft light of afternoon sun while smoking cigarette, in which we will walk up nervously because we need his wisdom on what pants to wear on a tinder date. and instead of giving us straight up answer, he will rant off regarding the culture of pants and online dating, making us question would it even matter anyway. and when we want to say thank you (out of politeness), he will cut us off and say "it's nothing, don't thank me" while flicking his cigarette to a pile of dry leaves; starting a minor forest fire.

If I needed to get laid, Eugene would be the last person I'd ask for advice.

bortalizer93

Reaction score
i think he's the kind of person who sits below an oak tree under the soft light of afternoon sun while smoking cigarette, in which he secretly hopes we will walk up nervously because we need his wisdom on what pants to wear on a tinder date. And as we walk up, we gasp, "what an amazing old oak tree!" and continue enjoying our day in the park like a normal human.

Lol, that's true. But someone once told me that there are two kinds of 'fashion people'. Those who sees it as a mean to an end and those who sees it as the end itself.

Take a look at stylezeitgeist. I bet most of the member there are the latter. They see fashion as a form of art. And this might just be me, but art should be anything but normal.

If I needed to get laid, Eugene would be the last person I'd ask for advice.

…actually, that's right.

PaperSaurian

Reaction score
I think most people on fashion forums agree with Eugene; the problem is that he can be fairly condescending when he's writing those opinions out (really? you won't wear double riders because of the people who wear them now? *eyes video*), and this video shows he's still willing to do videos with the hypebeasts he expresses so much disdain for.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quote: “I saw a lot of band tees this past men’s season,” Nabile Quenum, the photographer behind the popular street style journal J’ai Perdu Ma Vest who regularly shoots fashion show attendees, told me. “But I refused to take any pictures of people wearing them. To me it felt like cultural appropriation.”

ha. is nothing sacred? or is everything?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
these asshats just latch onto every single ******* trigger topic to pander for attention jfc

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
So if showed up and said alll marjieellaaa in a raspy voice would I be considered a “*******” or am I getting the meaning wrong?

The funny thing to see my pics they would have to surf SF cause you bastards are the only social media type thing I participate in

The whole thing was very cringe worthy for me. Hold this “L” aka verizon logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads