• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

red81

Reaction score

My fit cost a late night fee
Your fit -- got the HIV
My fit plays on the double feature screen
Your fit went straight to DVD

My fit - locked in a cage, right
Your fit suffer from stage fright
My fit - so hot, it's stolen
Your fit look like Gary Coleman

My fit - been there done that
Your fit sits there with dunce cap
My fit - V.I.P.
Your **** needs I.D.

This is my ringtone. People always ask what the "cool funky song" is.

capnMURPHY2021

Reaction score
Problem with the nav bar -- if you click to go to the last unread post, it partially covers the top of the post so you have to actually scroll up to read it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I noticed that too, other than that I like the changes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem with the nav bar -- if you click to go to the last unread post, it partially covers the top of the post so you have to actually scroll up to read it.
Huh. Well, that could be a minor bug. I'm drawing up a list of things that could be tweaked. If you email me at [email protected], it will be more likely to make the list.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Sir, can you please change my settings so I can view this thread? Thank you. I have missed everything...
You'll be able to see it tomorrow. We keep the politics threads invisible for the first 24 hours of membership, since we don't want political discussion to become a stress point for the community. At least when people know each other a bit better, they feel compelled to be somewhat civil.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bar is good but buggy. sure it'll be sorted out
smile.gif
Thanks. Really. We put a lot of work and thought into it, and it's something that was way overdue (it's a standard feature in nearly all modern forum and news platforms). If there are bugs, they will be fixed. We don't have a huge team like Facebook or google, so, things will naturally go a bit slower, but if anyone wishes to give me a billion dollars (I don't need $100 billion - I'm not like that), I'd be happy to have all the fixes in the next day or so,

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big issue, for me, is that it seems to make the site's performance suffer a lot. Styleforum was already a heavy site, but my retina MBP is frequently lagging while scrolling through threads now.
Hey Brad,

Is it lagging while you scroll IN a thread, or on the list of threads, or both? It is laggy or jumpy, or both? Apparently, different issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

jlchau

Reaction score
Hey Brad,

Is it lagging while you scroll IN a thread, or on the list of threads, or both? It is laggy or jumpy, or both? Apparently, different issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

I like the smaller font of the bar. my rMBP used to get pretty laggy scrolling through WYW thread but I can't test that at the moment.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting lag here too with FF both in threads and on list of threads. Jumpy whenever I scroll

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
hmmm... i find the perpetual presence of the bar annoying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads