• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol i'm not buying je but i appreciate the recs bro

fuuma, was looking at uniqlo right after I posted and will probably go that route it's just for athletic use not going out in it

Last edited:

Werbert Hest

Reaction score
lol i'm not buying je but i appreciate the recs bro

fuuma, was looking at uniqlo right after I posted and will probably go that route it's just for athletic use not going out in it

I bought uniqlo dry sweats and a hoodie for gym after my nike tech stuff started looking ******, and honestly you're getting pretty much the same quality for quarter of the price

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
this might be too tech-y for you, but I have this nike knit that is great for working out when it's cold. has kangaroo pocket too. not cropped at all, slightly long.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Need a loose gray or charcoal sweatshirt, nice long fit not cropped and no repro details any suggestions? I ask this every year btw.

Not trying to spend designer money like 300 on this k thx.
I have the exact same request, but I want a chunky, shawl collar cardigan for ~300. I guess I could just get another 3A (is END the only stockist now?), but I was thinking of branching away from blue. RRL is always a possibility, though the budget is waaaayy off, and I'm never sure about embracing the southwestern thing. I guess Kanata is an option, too. What am I missing?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott & Charters (or any of the various shops that sell S&C rebranded with their label)

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same request, but I want a chunky, shawl collar cardigan for ~300. I guess I could just get another 3A (is END the only stockist now?), but I was thinking of branching away from blue. RRL is always a possibility, though the budget is waaaayy off, and I'm never sure about embracing the southwestern thing. I guess Kanata is an option, too. What am I missing?
If you want a real workaday thing, just get a Pendleton: http://www.pendleton-usa.com/produc...AR-CARDIGAN/174935/sc/1727/c/2415/pc/1814.uts

tgaith77

Reaction score
Need a loose gray or charcoal sweatshirt, nice long fit not cropped and no repro details any suggestions? I ask this every year btw.

Not trying to spend designer money like 300 on this k thx.
Foreign Rider Co - Canadian, minimal, after-surf beach type wear. I don't own any of their cotton stuff, but I lived in their merino wool tee shirt all summer.

https://www.foreignrider.com/collections/all/products/dark-grey-crew-neck

Handvaerk - Not charcoal grey, 20% your first order:

http://www.handvaerk.com/men/the-essentials/raglan-flex-sweatshirt.html

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Scott & Charters (or any of the various shops that sell S&C rebranded with their label)
Seems a little cleaner/luxurious than my nefarious aims, from what I've seen? Which is mostly what's at your shop, and other people with the same stuff. Also, I thought S+C was notably pricier, no?
what the **** is this? who the **** do you think i am?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Synthese maybe Eidos?

http://www.gentrynyc.com/collections/eidos/products/thompson-belted-shawl

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Synthese

The Armoury looks nice: https://thearmoury.com/catalogs/sho...-armoury-lambswool-shawl-collar-cardigan-navy

I am sure @dieworkwear can provide more suggestions.

I haven't seen a shawl collar from a SW&D designer brand lately, maybe I am not looking hard enough. I personally like what the CM side of brands have to offer in this specific category and as @gdl203 suggested. The S&C "Victoria" burgundy would suit a playboy like you I'd think.

Edit:
I thought Drakes would have a lower priced wool version but they only offer cashmere with one camel hair. Not a fan of that color personally for a shawl.

The Eidos is cool but you should hunt for this:
http://www.gentrynyc.com/products/horizontal-herringbone-long-cardigan?variant=19922572101

Or even the Ajrak medallion cardigan

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

I bought uniqlo dry sweats and a hoodie for gym after my nike tech stuff started looking ******, and honestly you're getting pretty much the same quality for quarter of the price
They're finally showing on the qlo site, I had checked a couple weeks ago and nothing. Also popped into a store and they have 98 versions of 6 things for guys.
this might be too tech-y for you, but I have this nike knit that is great for working out when it's cold. has kangaroo pocket too. not cropped at all, slightly long.
That looks real good though I have a couple similar nike shirts like that and wanted something more loungey like real sweatshirts for post gym burger/fried chicken runs to fairfax.
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the button up stark facsimile by uniqlo u just for ***** and giggles.
I like this don't know what synth is on.
Foreign Rider Co - Canadian, minimal, after-surf beach type wear. I don't own any of their cotton stuff, but I lived in their merino wool tee shirt all summer. https://www.foreignrider.com/collections/all/products/dark-grey-crew-neck Handvaerk - Not charcoal grey, 20% your first order: http://www.handvaerk.com/men/the-essentials/raglan-flex-sweatshirt.html
Thanks bruh I'll investigate.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am sure @dieworkwear can provide more suggestions.

@Synthese, don't really have anything that hasn't already been suggested. Scott & Charters and The Armoury are nice for that CM kind of cardigan. Drake's are made by the same people who make for The Armoury, but they just use different materials. Inverallan is nice. I also like RRL, as you know. Eidos is good for those belted styles. I don't think that style works on everyone, but I think you could pull it off.

Kanata is good for cowichans. Self Edge has a cowichan-style cardigan this season from Chamula (I suppose not technically a cowichan since it's made in Mexico and not by Cowichan people?).

I also like these cowichan-inspired styles with stand up collars. Number (n)ine had one in their "My Own Private Portland" collection years ago. Sold out, but you can find the (less attractive) black and gray version right now on Rakuten.

Quetzal Saunders also recently posted this on his IG, which I thought looked nice. Would love to get something like this, actually, but I don't know who makes this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKfstUkDb9-/

If you're open to that stand up collar style, Inis Meain also made a really nice one back in the day. NMWA carried it, but I don't know where you can get them now. A little more CM-y than the ones photographed above, but nice.

Oh, and obviously SNS Stark for the same sort of style, but you already know that one.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Walmart is really stepping up their streetwear game these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads