1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

@Fuuma are you doing the pale jeans/black boots thing?

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Yes PayPal tells me that I am fully covered under their seller protection. This dumb fuck today sent back a used android charger which is obviously not what I sold. I'm so lucky he was a stupid fuck and filled a claim before the item was delivered and signed by them. I can see how the scam works now.....I have to say that in the future I won't be using eBay again that's for sure

3. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

I know exactly what you mean, fully agree. I especially resent the way all these stores further entrench in people's minds (especially in young, college-grad-job employees) the idea that being able to afford expensive brand products is somehow the "reward" for their hard work ("work hard play hard", that kind of crap).

However, since that's what Mr Porter has - brandnew, current-season designer labels (I'm not sure a lot of them qualify as genuine luxury, but anyway) - I suppose it makes sense for their editorial content to portray that sort of stuff as the ultimate lifestyle/achievement.

To put it the other way round, it would make little sense for Mr Porter to be singing the praises of a destitute-artist lifestyle, wearing highly individual, 2nd-hand/vintage-thrifted, ultra-niche-brand clothing.

4. Aksel SB

Aksel SB Member

@planetarium Check out Doek as well, they're also made by moonstar. I've bought my shoes like pottery and doek sneakers from goodweaver(http://store.goodweaver.jp/) before. Well priced and easy people to deal with.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

i'm on an airplane
    i'm watching cool runnings
    whats' goink on

4 people like this.
  6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i spent too much on
    a custom leather jacket.
    bad life decisions.

4 people like this.
  7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

buying a leather jacket is never a bad life decision

what did you get? :) :) :)

8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

same one you have updated for 2018 ;x

thanks for all the help :slayer:

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

doooope~

edit: over alaska now (I think), lotta turbulence, hold me

watching monsters inc.
    why isnt monsters university on the plane?

10. John L

John L Well-Known Member

monsters inc is fucking deep man

11. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

thanks for all the help to those who posted, moonstar is gonna be what I check out for sure, wisdom says my new balance size should be good in width so i'm gonna take the plunge

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Yes, why? Light blue jeans+black boots all the way.

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I know the cat is out of the bag but I wish retailers would stop pushing a lifestyle and just sell clothes, their selection speaking for itself. I don't need "content" or at least not a lot of it.

1 person likes this.
  14. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Fantasy is like half the enjoyment of clothes though. If you strip away all the meaning -- fantasy lifestyle, aspirational self, heritage narratives, etc -- it's just stuff to cover your body.

8 people like this.
  15. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

This is reminding me of a seminar in which the professor chose to illustrate Schiller's concept of the play in the Letters on the Aesthetic Education of Man with reference to his use, when he wanted to make marks on paper, of not any random drugstore pencil or Bic but rather a handsome fountain pen.

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Need Supply silk floral vacation shirt looks good...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I like those, I like OAMC version better though (which Need are also stocking).

[​IMG]

18. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

Just got this today and want to say thank you and great job, the quality is wonderful and I really enjoyed flipping through every page. :cheers:

9 people like this.
  19. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Just got mine as well! Looking forward to leafing through it this weekend :)

20. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Seriously, I'm blown away at the response. I'm glad you guys like it. Isn't it cool all the different types of stuff people sent in for the theme of "Place"? So cool.

We're working on a new theme for the 2nd one right now, and it'll be a different direction. Expect an announcement soon.

For international orders, orders of multiple copies, and the last 3 orders that trickled in at the end, yours will be going out next week. I apologize dearly for the delay, but I'm going to a conference all weekend and also need to pick up supplies to mail 'em out.

I believe that almost all of them should be delivered today. Please let me know if there are any issues with the packaging so that I can change it next time if needed!