1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

How much do they charge for that.

2. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

sold for 15000 yen earlier today

3. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

You wouldn't know art if it bit you in the ass. That one link has two paperclips. Brilliant.

6 people like this.
  4. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Even I wouldn't buy that and I have a Margiela wooden credit card holder

8 people like this.
  5. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I think you mean Maison Margiela 11, must have been too long since you lost the tags. Any fit pics?

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

So ... Margiela ten-clip?

sorry, sorry, I'll stop

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    7 people like this.
  7. handmadestuff

handmadestuff Member

8. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior member

So, I sold something via Grailed for the first time recently, and something about this sounds a bit scammy to me, but I don't know if I'm paranoid since I've never sold anything before online.

1) I listed something on Grailed
    2) Buyer asks me to skip Grailed altogether and go straight to Paypal to skip the Grailed fee
    3) I agree, and the Buyer pays
    4) I ship the item to Germany, where the Buyer told me to ship it
    5) Tracking says that item was delivered, but Buyer insists that he did not get it

Does this sound like some guy trying to pull a scam? Although I don't see what the scam is, because starting a dispute on Paypal seems like it takes a while to get resolved.

9. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Sounds like a scam

2 people like this.
  10. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

As long as you have proof of delivery you should be fine. I'd recommend reading up on Paypal's seller protection policy to make sure you qualify if he does start a dispute.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Could be a scam, could not be a scam. That's the unfortunate thing. Even though it says it was delivered, he might still have never received it (sometimes the courier delivers to the wrong address, sometimes the package may have been snatched up, sometimes the courier marked it delivered but didn't actually deliver but it shows up the next day, etc). That's the tough thing.

I would wait a couple of days, maybe contact whichever courier you used to start an investigation, and make sure to start a dispute before the 31 day Paypal deadline or whatever it is these days.

You might be shit out of luck because Paypal is notorious for siding with the buyer

12. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

Sounds like a scam. also doesn't matter if it takes a while to get resolved, if the scammer gets his refund eventually, then it is all worth it in the end. looks like some neonazi in germany will be njoying your clothes. you should have stuck wit grailed and not go outside to paypal, you are too cheap, sounds like those scammers on ebay that asks to deal outside of ebay after winning an auction. toooooo bad.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  13. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

did the address you shipped it to match the Paypal address? If not then yeah you got scammed

1 person likes this.
  14. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior member

Yeah that's my fault for going outside of Grailed. I wasn't even doing it for the money, only because the buyer seemed very interested in buying and paid promptly. Oh well.

15. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

dont lose hope yet, email and CALL paypal to fight the dispute, i hope you kept your tracking receipt. (maybe take a pic of the clothes and the box wit the address for higher value items, at least you will ahve soemthing to show them as proof you really did ship it)

i never gotten scammed before but this is why i don't sell used clothes online, scammers (and also dealing with shipping/waiting in line at hte post office, an ebay and grailed takes a cut of the money too), just rather sell it for a bit less locally to save myself the hassle, life is too short to put up with such BS for some old clothes, plus i also live in a big city and there are plenty of buyerz, so no need to shipppp.

16. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

and send paypal a screenshot of the convo of him asking to deal outside grailed, scammers do it all the time for ebay, so at least it gives your story more credibility. increase your chances.

17. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Grailed and ebay don't give you any protection, paypal does so it is irrelevant that they went outside.

4 people like this.
  19. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Time to change your profile cause it says you live in Vancouver...

8 people like this.
  20. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Grailed claims it offers protection in addition to paypal, but I'm not sure what exactly