1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Edit: jean hanging, nvm I see there was a kick starter for some nice Jean hangers. These should work.

I pee like 1,000x a day. I'm always drinking water. I like being hydrated to the max.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

What do people think about Devoa's belts? Do they stand up to a lot of wear?

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

They're not super practical, but they look cool

4. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

So carrying a water bottle is basic bitch, but on occasion you buy a liter bottle and stash it in your messenger bag...and carry it around?

Dat dehydration is fucking up your logical reasoning skills, son.

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

There might be a good paying job for you right now in the White House.

11 people like this.
  6. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

Regular trousers hanger works fine no?

7. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

The original premise was buying a bag on the basis of having a permanent accessory slot for a water bottle.... as in, every day carry of water. Since you seem to endorse every day carry, please share with us what cell phone belt clip you are using for your Nextel, and what multitool you carry in case of ISIS under the bed

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

:rotflmao:

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

So does 'crumpled heap in the corner' :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    3 people like this.
  10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Dude, they're jeans, here is what you do

1. You have space on some shelf so you fold them
    2. You don't have shelf space so you put them on some fucking hanger, anything will do unless you really are too stupid to use a hanger, in which case please ingest said hanger

If someone needs more easy life advice just ask me.

9 people like this.
  11. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Oh and dudes walking around with a bag obsession look GQretarded* unless they're our own pink dolphin master.

*I have 2 bags today, winning the prize for most stupid looking sf-member

2 people like this.
  12. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Nice try, kid. You got caught in a contradiction, just own it and take the lump.

1 person likes this.
  13. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

But … he didn't? He objected to the idea that you need a purpose-built water bottle holder in your pack, not that one might ever want to carry water.

14. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

oh my god I like to have a backpack that has a water bottle holder because I like to drink water. I like to not search for a water fountain. I like to have water when I move to different locations. I think that buying plastic bottled water is the most basic 2000s shit ever. I find drinking cold water sensually pleasing, like dripping hot candle wax onto my nipples. I don't care who carries water and who doesn't.

why don't we get back to talking about real issues like what does the ending of Evangelion 3.0 really mean

10 people like this.
  15. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

Why is every third person on my commute wearing Allbirds?

16. max_r

max_r Senior member

Depends who you ask. I would say they are reputable, they have a thread here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/507227/falcon-garments-official-affiliate-thread-mtm-mto-leather-jackets

MTM options on everything. Regarding reputation, its I think 3/4ths of TOJ's employees, same makers, etc. A lot of people are sore at TOJ as the main guy stole a bunch of people's money and took off to open a restaurant, and then was never seen or heard from again. My understanding is the remaining employees / Falcon didn't have any hand in it. You can read the TOJ thread here or ask in there for more info if you're interested.

Since Falcon have been up and running, I don't think they've done wrong by anyone as far as I know, and have controls in place to prevent from happening what happened to TOJ (namely a shitload of orders and poor organization).

as far as quality, I have a MTM moto from back when TOJ was around, and its great, excellent quality and construction, great for the price imo.

I believe there are several other companies who offer MTM jackets, but I don't remember the names or really follow them at all. Ask in this thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/71625/l...-the-best-youve-seen-owned/16935#post_8741943

17. double00

double00 Senior member

if you are wearing Allbirds and referring to yourself in third person, then only oulipien can answer that.

18. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Then that's an even stupider position to take if true. Who gives a fuck? If you don't like the design, don't buy it.

19. double00

double00 Senior member

i thought they were talking about a custom design.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  20. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

this new triple aught design messenger looks promising , and bombproof