• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustavobradley

Reaction score

Do you really want to look like you have small feet?  What size are you, in clothing and in footwear?

No, but the way the boot looks in proportion to my legs IMO makes them look like clown shoes. I wear a 43 shoe (generally), and then a size 28/29 waist and a 38 jacket at 6'3. I think a size smaller shoe would be perfect for this particular boot. I guess I should have been clearing saying that I wasn't talking like, size 6 feet, but something on the smaller side of average.

I could also be consistently having one of those days where nothing seems to fit right every time I wear them...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but the way the boot looks in proportion to my legs IMO makes them look like clown shoes. I wear a 43 shoe (generally), and then a size 28/29 waist and a 38 jacket at 6'3. I think a size smaller shoe would be perfect for this particular boot. I guess I should have been clearing saying that I wasn't talking like, size 6 feet, but something on the smaller side of average.

I could also be consistently having one of those days where nothing seems to fit right every time I wear them...
Yeah, it's all in your mind. I am a size 40 jacket at 5'11" and a size 32 waist, and I wear a size 43-44 shoe, generally, and I refuse to wear dark footwear for exactly the opposite reason, I hate if if I feel that my feet look too small. Yes, maybe I have Trump's small hand aversion.

gustavobradley

Reaction score

Yeah, it's all in your mind.  I am a size 40 jacket at 5'11" and a size 32 waist, and I wear a size 43-44 shoe, generally, and I refuse to wear dark footwear for exactly the opposite reason, I hate if if I feel that my feet look too small.  Yes, maybe I have Trump's small hand aversion.

I think the issue is more the extra bulk added by the harness - I would be totally fine with a Wyatt Chelsea in my size, but the way the harness looks from the front doesn't really jive with how "smooth" I want my pant/shoe interaction to be.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is more the extra bulk added by the harness - I would be totally fine with a Wyatt Chelsea in my size, but the way the harness looks from the front doesn't really jive with how "smooth" I want my pant/shoe interaction to be.
Hmmm... I suppose so. I like bulky footwear, but a chacun son gout, right?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gustavobradley I don't know specifically about yours, but I've noticed the Wyatts often look large in peoples' fits. However, this usually seems to be due to the super tight pants people wear when they're trying to get the SLP look. The Wyatts look fine and totally proportional when not worn with painted on jeans.

gustavobradley

Reaction score

@gustavobradley I don't know specifically about yours, but I've noticed the Wyatts often look large in peoples' fits. However, this usually seems to be due to the super tight pants people wear when they're trying to get the SLP look. The Wyatts look fine and totally proportional when not worn with painted on jeans.

It's funny, because the issue seems even worse when I wear my SLP denim with them.

I think the problem is that on the SS16 model, the boot was made slimmer but the harness wasn't, leading to it being loose. Coupled with the fact that it sits low on the boot, it emphasizes the thickest part of the foot.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I've come to just embrace the clownishness of my feet (6'1", 30 waist, usually a 38 / M in tops and outerwear with US 12 / EU 45 feet). I find overly sleek footwear doesn't mesh with the way I dress the majority of the time, and it's usually less comfortable than shoes with a shape roughly congruent with the shape of my foot.

I remember shopping for sneakers as a kid, though, and thinking everything looked considerably better on the display model than on the monstrosities the SA would haul out from the back when I asked for my size. Maybe it's just that simpler footwear looks ok in larger sizes, while busier / more detailed stuff tends to look worse.

Unrelated: I picked up a pair of W+H Tokyo twill shorts, and I feel like I can't keep them because they don't have a coin pocket. ******* SEPTA (Philly's weak excuse for a public transit system) is still on subway tokens, lagging a solid 15 years behind the rest of the urban United States.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Highsnobiety on the original MMM GATs

Here’s the cool part about the original Margiela German Army Trainers – each pair was an actual vintage pair of German Army Trainers. Margiela gave them their own personal touch by embossing the tongue with numeric branding, hand-painting the midsoles, and having their design staff doodle on the trainers before shipping them out to retail. Each pair came with an info card reading “Feel free to add your own graffiti,” making each sneaker a literal one-of-a-kind piece.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/07/23/margiela-german-army-trainer-rare-sneakers/

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, still looking for an(other) deadstock pair or three. I think they're plenty comfortable, but no one on the forum is selling them anymore? what to do

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah, still looking for an(other) deadstock pair or three. I think they're plenty comfortable, but no one on the forum is selling them anymore? what to do

Have you tried searching around for the term "bundeswehr sportschuhe?" Usually stuff on eBay, Amazon, or just other sites. Some that I found:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BUNDESWEHR-S...hash=item4aedeeb8c8:m:mAQCj_dop6QVZ6DVaL6AOMQ

https://www.bundeswehr-und-mehr.de/...ehr-sportschuhe-bw-hallenschuhe-weiss/a-1936/

You can also search for “bundeswehr turnschuhe” or “bundeswehr hallenschuhe.”

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
User kidcoin on grilled usually has some pairs up for good prices and reasonably fast ship from Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads