1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Happy new years. Exchanged Christmas presents last night and my girlfriend got me a W+H cabin fleece robe. Awesome gift!

Speaking of capsule wardrobe, I've always kept a small clothes collection. My clothes occupy a single small rack. Off season pieces get placed In a sealed container store bin while not in use.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  3. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I just ordered a pair of these from Denimio.They look super interesting.

If you kept them, does the waistband stretch in time?

I ordered a 33 as I did in my A.P.C. 8 oz. washed indigo New Standards(who's waistbands def. stretch).

35+" waist but lean/skinny all the way down from there.

Between all vendors who carry it, measurements are all over the map. Denimio's were closest to my A.P.C.'s.

Thanks!

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Waist will stretch to 34-35"

5. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Great.

Size 33 starts with a 34.5" waist so 1" is perfect.

I ordered with one wash but I think I'm gonna tell them to not wash them.

Thanks a lot!

6. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

any idea where/which brand to get flare pants for like size 28?

7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Starting to get worried that all I'm going to own is pleated pants and a few pairs of denim.....
    I think I have two or three pairs of flat front pants at this point and I rarely wear them and all I ever contemplate are pleated pairs

1 person likes this.
  8. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Best option I've found so far is to buy some wool trousers 1-2 sizes too big and having them tailored to your liking. (I haven't attempted flared pants yet though I am tempted to)

You can also keep an eye out for Veronique Branqhuino (I probably spelled that wrong)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. accordion

accordion Senior member

same, especially for wider legs, pleated is much better.

1 person likes this.
  10. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Thanks a lot! Yea been checking out Veronique branquinho for awhile now haha

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

Branquinho is almost a default choice but Gucci, Burberry Prorsum and Tom Ford have all been on and off the flare train since the 2000s so it might be worth keeping an eye out for those too.

Straight/wide leg trousers with a long enough inseam can do a pretty good job at approximating flares too, might be an alternative if you can find anything else though it's a bit trial and error.

12. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

While visiting family back home over the holidays, I got the chance to check out the studio of Taiwanese brand 'Recluse.' Previously I had 'met' the designer, Ron Chen, on Instagram since we were both big Soloist fans, and we ended up chatting because we were both Taiwanese. He invited me to see his studio and to take some pictures, and it was honestly super cool. I thought people here might be interested.

One thing that really excited me is that compared to other countries in Asia, Taiwan isn't known internationally as a hotbed of fashion and design and is often seen as a less-creative imitator of Japan and Korea. Recently though, Taiwanese talent is becoming more and more widely seen in fashion, with Guerrilla-Group probably being the most visible in terms of online fashion.

Ron was fine with me taking some photos while visiting. I also wrote a more complete write-up about the pieces I saw as well as some of the things we chatted about on Reddit here.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I do consider Ron a friend now after having met him in person. But I'm not advertising on his behalf or anything, not getting free stuff, etc. etc. I just think it's cool stuff that deserves to be seen.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Ron actually went over almost every single sample piece he had on the racks. Super nice guy.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (This jacket was a huge mindfuck to me. The left chest pocket is a top entry pen pocket while the right chest pocket is a side entry pocket.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Did I mention he was a Soloist fan?)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    32 people like this.
  13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

That shit looks pretty cool esp bomber and those flannel trousers. Reminds me of a tamed SFTM.

14. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

Well, the designer studied in Australia as well... who knows haha

The angles of the bomber really are nice, I like how the neck ribbing continues seamlessly at the same angle into the wind flap. I actually got more of a Devoa / Peir Wu vibe myself.

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i have the 32 which i need to exchange... thigh area was a bit big, thinking of just getting the 31.

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Feel free to make a thread about this. Looks cool.

17. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

^ I might make a post when the next season is released, but I don't really want to be misconstrued as a brand representative or anything, haha. Glad people are enjoying the pics!

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Minimalism as an aesthetic and pairing down is so pervasive that I can't believe someone would self-congratulate for being into that shit. More is more!

On the other hand I don't think the article is about that, there is a (moving) personal story of compensation followed by a happy balance. You could also say he moved from being overwhelmed by consumption of fashion (up to the point of taking a hated high paying job for it) to involving some creativity and production (he now writes about it) making it less important to engage in consumption splurges.

2 people like this.
  19. GheeButtersnaps

GheeButtersnaps Active Member

Thank you for going above and beyond with this!

1 person likes this.
  20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

That moment you get your fresh APC jeans in the mail, and your wife washes them because she knows how you love to take care of your clothes.... :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    13 people like this.