1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Nice thank you, I will look into them

2. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Same as any other sweatpants

1 person likes this.
  3. the shah

the shah Senior member

what about the day you spent with the shah , zen shopping experience , eating a great burger and having a coffee next to damir doma ? lifetime achievement unlocked :eek:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    8 people like this.
  4. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior member

How easy would it be for a competent tailor to make a faux fly a functioning one with zipper/buttons? Just took delivery of a pair of pants and the store's description did not mention the mock fly, but I like the pants otherwise.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hmmm... hard to say, isn't it. I suppose that you still have time to pick up something from Eastdane, particularly if you have Amazon Prime.

These CP x Robert Gellers are the way to go if that is your size:
    https://www.eastdane.com/common-pro...1/1519233473.htm?folderID=19217&colorId=12688

Otherwise, Loake are always a solid value:
    https://www.eastdane.com/mitchum-su...1/1507911851.htm?folderID=19217&colorId=11409

And you get an additional 25% off with code TREATYOURSELF today

6. conceptual 4est

Spoiler alert!!!! I wanted to write about all of the great SF and NMWA people and experiences but it seemed a little indulgent after that other mega post of mine. Needless to say this year brought even more fun and awesome clothing friends than any previous one.

7. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

fuck kyudo. do kendo with me :)

8. LA Guy

It does have cool uniforms.

1 person likes this.
  9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I've been real tempted to try some chelseas, as I like the slip on slip off nature. But I've got a pretty blocky build and wear straight fit pants (levis 501) with a 7.5"ish leg opening. I've mostly seen chelseas look good with a cut that tapers itself down to the ankles.

10. LA Guy

@Parker has worn chelseas with bell bottoms and made it look pretty cool. So have the Beatles and any number or 70s rockstars. The trick with chelseas is that you have to commit heavily to the length of the pant hem, either with cowboy style stacking, or with a clean, very short, break. Anything in between looks like you compromised.

1 person likes this.
  11. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

fyi the geller x CPs have a wide ankle opening so they're actually really well-suited for straight leg jeans

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Anyone have a recommendation for ultra-warm wool baselayers?

I like and wear Smartwool, but am curious what else is out there. Have tried Terramar and Icebreakers.

13. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

a friend of mine was just praising the Patagonia "thermal weight" baselayers. super light but warm.

edit: I guess those are not wool. sorry!

1 person likes this.
  14. jet

jet Senior member

I was looking at some duckworth ones made in the states, seemed quality.

1 person likes this.
  15. santaclara

santaclara Senior member

I have been using the Satoro bottoms from Arcteryx for the last month or two and I have liked them so far. It is a 81% merino, 12 nylon, 7 spandex blend. I got it on sale too which helped my decision. My legs have never felt cold in them and also never too warm in them ranging from temperatures of high 20's outside to indoor high 60's. I have tried on the Woolpower ones and they felt really nice, but they are are blend as well. The terry knit interior on the inside feels very nice. I have used Smartwool in the past for bottoms, but it seems they don't make them like they used to make them. I had one Smartwool pair for 4 or 5 years, before they ripped and I needed to replace. The last Smartwool ones I got ripped during the 1st winter I was using them. Arcteryx justifies the blend by saying the nylon add durability so that also factored in my decision.

1 person likes this.
  16. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Yeah im trying to eat cleaner but its hard, the real killer is the time crunch and sleep deprivation. Also ive been enjoying a fantastic relationship so i pretty much always prioritize her haha

4 people like this.
  17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

You're a good kid

1 person likes this.
  18. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i'm a fan of ibex

2 people like this.
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I hear ibex is the best. I like how their sleeves are raglan which makes more sense for me for baselayer. I remember when some videos of Patagonia's wool supplier leaked by PETA and it was pretty harrowing. They dropped the supplier but still made me think twice about checking where the wool is from.

Isaora has baselayer merino wool for a good price too btw. The fits might be popular here too. They did not answer my email about spruce of wool though.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. conceptual 4est

Booked a last minute trip with my fiancee to Arizona, and we'll be there next Wednesday - Sunday

Soliciting ideas for what to do while we're there

It'll be her first time out there, and her first time in the desert or anything like that. (she grew up between the Scottish countryside, London, and Japan, so she is really excited to see some new landscapes different from the Northeast US). It'll also be my first time in Arizona with the exception of going to the Grand Canyon from Vegas once, but I would go there again in a second.

I've rented an AWD car (A4) with no mileage limitations so I'm eager to hit the road as well and see something different, as well as just drive some nice roads if there are any. We're flying in and out of Phoenix but plan to stay a few nights elsewhere as well.

We're interested in seeing some good scenery, driving on nice roads, going on hikes that can be done in a morning/afternoon with no specialized equipment (although thinking about doing a mountain bike trail if there is a way to rent bikes), going to good museums, seeing anything weird or distinctly American or regional, and maybe a little shopping (vintage or locally made, I guess).

Will definitely be doing a few things in Phoenix/Scottsdale like the Heard Museum and Taliesin West (FLW house), Botanical Garden, L Ron Hubbard House, but are eager for any recommendations for hikes or sightseeing. Also will be driving to Tuscon to see the airplane boneyard and will likely make a stop along the way to check out something campy like an ostrich farm. Will also definitely go up to Arcosanti, north of Phoenix.

We've just started planning but what else should we do or keep a look out for?

Sedona? Probably. Helicopter to the Grand Canyon? Definitely. Eat Sonoran hot dogs? Hell yes.

2 people like this.