1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I've been wanting a pair of dark brown suede side zips forever. Have a pair of brown calf Kapital ones that I wear with old blue jeans and workwear-y jackets. Want a pair of sleeker brown suede ones to wear with blue jeans and that tan suede Margiela five-zip.

Recently picked up a pair from Tom Ford, but they fit super narrow. Will prob be returning.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Yeah I do wear them with tan 5 zip + blue jeans but that's about it. Might have to get some navy / gray wool pants ... and / or look for something more like those Kapital boots (I'm guessing they have a rounder toe shape?).

3. jet

jet Senior member

did they have "i'm with her" stickers on them?

4. dieworkwear

2 people like this.
  5. msg

msg Senior member

Bro, It's Seattle

1 person likes this.
  6. sipang

sipang Senior member

Marni wmnswear orbits somewhere in the periphery of the Prada/Céline cluster in my mind, quirky chic or whatever. Menswear is sorta nondescript but a lifetime ago I remember obsessing about this stupid paneled sweater below from their FW09 collection and I was so mad I slept on it during thecorner.com sales (rip) I spent weeks maniacally scrolling through endless pages of yooxitems hoping it'd eventually show up on the other side of the pipeline and thank god it never did.

I did get that color blocked mohair thing though, mohair was a huge mistake

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I bought a mohair sweater a couple years ago thinking it would look very Johnny Rotten Viviene Westwood punk rock. Then it shed all over the place and itched like crazy. Stupid. Wore it once. Sat in a box for year, then gave it to Goodwill.

1 person likes this.
  8. dieworkwear

What don't you like about the mohair sweater? I assume the shedding?

Been kind of wanting one, but have only owned mohair blends. They shed a bit, but the texture was nice.

Ha, I guess that answers that.

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

yeah, the Marni one is super soft and not itchy at all but fuck are they annoying to work into an outfit. can't wear anything unlined or cotton lined over it, can't wear dark trousers, can't wear shit, can't sit anywhere

your new best friend

[​IMG]

10. msg

msg Senior member

Just bought a couch with a mohair/velvet fabric blend. Uhoh

11. dieworkwear

Perfect for sitting on with your mohair sweaters tho.

3 people like this.
  12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I've never had much issue with mohair clothing. I have mohair blankets that are itchy but I've got sweaters from Marni, Schneider, OAMC and Lanvin that are either 100% mohair or majority mohair.
    Related, I think yak wool is still my favourite knit fabric. Thick, warm and comfortable. I only have two yak sweaters though and they're both Lemaire so maybe it's just those two that are nice. I had a Jil/Raf one too but I sold it a while ago and have no memory of it

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

14. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

JJVE also does some pretty great stuff with yak wool. I have a long cardigan from last year that's incredibly soft.

15. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

16. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeah I don't have any of his yak stuff, I pre ordered a yak sweater and yak cardigan about 2 years ago from JJVE and they were cancelled due to yak shortages haha. Speaking of JJVE, that reminds me that boiled wool is super nice too.

17. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Similar thing happened last year, the batch of yak yarn meant for my cardigan didn't meet JJVE's quality standards and the supplier didn't have any more unshorn yaks. Luckily JJVE & Suspension Point were able to work together to find another supplier and I eventually got the cardigan a few months later.

18. dieworkwear

No idea, but you can check their website. They basically keep a backlog of everything they've made in the product section. FWIW, these are partly persimmon over-dyed, which is kind of their thing. Would be surprised if they came in gray or white.

This company claims bison wool is 2x warmer than regular wool. Wanted to try out a pair of their gloves to see, but the gloves are a little ugly.

https://thebuffalowoolco.com/products/full-fingered-bison-down-gloves

19. jet

jet Senior member

Damn that's right, there was a delay but I ended up getting my jjve cardigan after all.

20. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

i just plumbed a new low - buying a marble cheeseboard off Barney's warehouse on additional 50% off [​IMG]

you guys told me there were cheap boglioli jackets! [​IMG]

7 people like this.