• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My local place can make custom clip on sunglasses for any frames, so you can always go that route. I got them for my old Cutler & Gross frames, and they're great, and a lot cheaper than I expected at $60. Custom made to fit the frame, you can pick the color of the lens and the frame to match your existing frames.

Here's a picture for reference, in my volunteering-at-my-kid's-kindergarten steez.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh, if you're cool with contacts then that would be the way to go. I alternate a lot, just depends I guess but it sucks when it's a glasses day and it's sunny out.

I don't know if I'm cool with contacts. I'm lazy and like the one-a-days, which gets expensive. I got fitted for contacts a few months ago, burned through the samples, but never actually bought a supply.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That feeling of soul crushing defeat when something you've been waiting to come out costs over 1k (it's a cotton sweatshirt...)

US retail is $1,090
I don't even really like the distressing (the combination of everything is too Yeezy-ish), I just like the colour, oversize fit and thick ribbing which is a much harder thing to find than I thought.

Last edited:

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum I'm not sure on the status of Luxire's knitwear, but I bet they could do that for you if and when their knitwear thing starts up

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I've been scouring ESK, Inis Meain, Howlin' and similar knitwear brands for a thick ribbed knit in a tan/brown for a while and just haven't found one. I have a Lemaire yak wool knit in off white but it's a very "normal" fit and as nice as it is I still want something chunkier. The Eidos designer is always wearing one that looks perfect but I've never seen anybody carrying them (I'm probably just looking in the wrong places).
I'd completely forgotten about Luxires knitwear thing, doesn't KoY have something from them?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't remember the last time I've seen a Grailed seller with neither a 5/5 nor 0/0 feedback. Some of these people selling beat to **** sneakers for close to retail can't possibly be kind-u level and they have a 4.49. I've also left a negative feedback once for a 5/5 seller who sold me a tailored coat passed off as new and my comment plus rating were deleted a couple days after and I can't repost it. Has anyone seen something similar? I've had no terrible experiences with selling but am always hesitant to buy because of that.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone have a suggestion for a woad dyed shirt (or something in a similar color) that does't fit like a tent? I like the color on this Tender shirt, but the ginormous sizing doesn't really work for me.

Looking for something loose though that I can use as a layering piece.

Do you happen to have a recommendation for more CM-eqsue shirt in a similar blue color? I've been waiting for Kamakura to release one. I was thinking button down collar.

FWIW Uniqlo has a linen shirt in similar blue color.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Do you happen to have a recommendation for more CM-eqsue shirt in a similar blue color? I've been waiting for Kamakura to release one. I was thinking button down collar.

FWIW Uniqlo has a linen shirt in similar blue color.

Not really the same, but Proper Cloth had this Japanese slub weave that's kinda-sorta similar.

https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/japanese-blue-slub-weave-52906.html

You can order swatches on their website. I think it's like three for a dollar. They're an online MTM company, so you can basically get whatever collar style/ details you want.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's nice but Proper Cloth is not OTR and I don't like fidgeting with numbers

I'll have to check it out. Maybe I can send them one of my Kamkura shirts to copy the pattern.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's nice but Proper Cloth is not OTR and I don't like fidgeting with numbers

I'll have to check it out. Maybe I can send them one of my Kamkura shirts to copy the pattern.

I think they do OTR fits as well. The link I gave seems to have an OTR option along with MTM. (Although, it looks like the fabric is sold out. Maybe it'll return?)

I gave them the measurements from one of my dress shirts. The fit didn't come out exactly the same, but after the free remake, it was good enough. A lot better than most online MTM shirt companies I've tried.

gustavobradley

Reaction score

Can't remember the last time I've seen a Grailed seller with neither a 5/5 nor 0/0 feedback. Some of these people selling beat to **** sneakers for close to retail can't possibly be kind-u level and they have a 4.49. I've also left a negative feedback once for a 5/5 seller who sold me a tailored coat passed off as new and my comment plus rating were deleted a couple days after and I can't repost it. Has anyone seen something similar? I've had no terrible experiences with selling but am always hesitant to buy because of that.

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I've seen a different rating either. That does seem pretty sketchy, did you try contacting Grailed about it?

IMO grailed has gotten a lot more frustrating to use even in the last year or so because of what seems like a change in the userbase away from people in to designer clothes and towards the streetwear crowd, but I could be very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads