• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobst

Reaction score
How stupid would I be to sell some $500 shoes to someone on Grailed in Russia, with no feedback?

I've been lucky enough to avoid bad selling experiences so far. If I ship tracked and insured with signature confirmation there's still plenty of ways I can get screwed over here right?

Reaction score
How stupid would I be to sell some $500 shoes to someone on Grailed in Russia, with no feedback?

I've been lucky enough to avoid bad selling experiences so far. If I ship tracked and insured with signature confirmation there's still plenty of ways I can get screwed over here right?

Yeah don't do that, you don't want to run the risk with paypal.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I lived in Moscow for a while. FedEx packages go through customs pretty quickly. EMS usually doesn't have problems, although it can get held up. Regular post -- compared to the others -- can be less reliable. Sometimes things just get held in customs for a long time and there's no way to check on the status. It could be less about the trustworthiness of the buyer and more about the lack of reliability in Russian government.

FWIW, I've sold things to Russian buyers before (when I lived in the US). Never had a problem, but you may want to hold out for a better option if it's $500 shoes.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've sold to buyers in Russia, China, Malaysia, etc. all with no problems, but the two times I've had issues it was with people from California. Go figure. Just talk to the person, ask if they have Facebook, etc. if it's for an amount that large and you're worried.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

well an option is to set up an eBay buy it now auction and have the eBay seller protection. not great but its something more than grailed.

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score
So according to SSense one of their models has a 32" chest and 26.5" waist and yet he wears a 48. Its not even an isolated incident, all of their models have fucked up measurements. It actually boggles my mind, why blatantly lie? My waist measures 32" and I wear 28/29. Yet Mr. 26.5" waist wears a size 32, lol. So dumb might as well not have measurements.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well at least the model's ballsack is probably more comfortable than yours if you are a 32 waist wearing a 28...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Christian Dior (women's) boutique in SF is beautiful. DH isn't bad, but the women's boutique kills even the (pretty amazing in their own right) other new boutiques ie Valentino.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elastic pants year round? Yes please.

Uniqlo also needs to bring back those linen drawstring pants. My summer go-to.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone smashed my car window, stole my Master Piece bag with a laptop and phone in it, had tucked it out of sight but the guy got lucky. The bag will end up the garbage somewhere probably while the dude sells the hardware

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. Hope karma comes around to the guy.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, although I suspect if I knew the circumstances of the guys life I would probably let go entirely of the anger I have about the theft

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads