1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. accordion

accordion Senior member

Speaking of race theory, do you guy avoid colors that match too closely with your skin tone if you are a pale-ish Asian? Such as beige, tan, etc, or green even.

I think it depends on where you walk in Shanghai, big difference between the malls and streets with all the smaller shops.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I think most people should avoid colors that look like flesh.

2 people like this.
  3. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. habitant

habitant Senior member

No more black then....

5. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

6. dieworkwear

I really like the wonky shape of previous seasons' designs, but this one looks too much like Uggs to me. Maybe it's the flat Cristy outsole.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. penanceroyaltea

now that u mention.. maybe i should just get uggs.. ha ha

i've found a few more..:

http://store.silver-and-gold.com/?pid=109990758 (these the one u want? i'm tracking a second hand version on yjp but 500 bucks for used boots is a bit rich for me..)

slightly sleeker version from unused (i may have got these instead of geller if i spotted them earlier.. but i guess they are also nearly double the price i paid for the CPxgeller boots):
    http://www.diverse-web.com/products/detail25506.html
    better pics here: http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/uh0350-boots

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

9. dieworkwear

Sole on the first looks cool, but prob too funky for me. Second is nice, but I want boots with a concealed/ non-exposed zipper.

Great finds though!

There's an old NN side zip model with shaggy suede that I really like. Would love to get that in brown, but haven't seen something pop up in my size.

10. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

[​IMG]

Do I kop and put on ice until the summer? Completely unlined Dolce & Gabbana goodness...

3 people like this.
  11. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

I want to say that some foot the coacher models might come close to what you're looking for as well.

1 person likes this.
  12. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

Kind of late to the party on this one but a friend of ours has a one man operation using a lot of jewelers bronze, silver, and some unique alloys like shibu-ichi / shakudo (usually upon request). Necklaces can be found right here, and eventually on our website once i reshoot our new stock.

Another interesting aspect of this work is the cordage, which is sometimes hand dyed or hand waxed, as well as occasional salvage pieces (there was a run of old lobster trap cordage that was dyed indigo at one point, makes it hard to keep track of on the web when some things are a 3-of but fun in the moment). My favorite is the kumihimo necklace, braided slowly by the artist himself.

[​IMG]

Interesting that he has the pelican clips in the necklace section of his site, since we've always sold them as double(ish) wrap bracelets. Guess they'd make a good looking necklace too!

1 person likes this.
  13. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Re: Things You Buy But Never Wear, Wearing "Flesh Tones" and Shameful, But I Like Them:

Where to kop: western suit in kind of Margiela beige or gray? Not a full decorative rodeo Nudie suit, but just a solid wool maybe with colored piping and bootcut slacks. Most of the versions I've seen are full-on polyester and look like boxes. And usually start at size 46 Long (US size). Maybe our resident Texans have an idea. @Baron @1969

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, does LabelKing ever read SF anymore? This 70s Brioni is pretty, pretty, pretty sweet. (Larry David voice). I would take a chance but it's too long for me.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I tried on a pair of Yeezy Adidas the other day, they're pretty comfy + nice. I'd buy a pair if they weren't associated with, uh, whatever crowd is wearing that stuff

Also I just want a PS4 Pro, can't find one ANYWHERE, all the stock got diverted to the US for Christmas sales because nobody in Japan plays games that aren't on the phone anymore. Is this FF15 going to be good or will I be disappointed?

15. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

@nicelynice, is there a reason you're buying the pro instead of the slim? i'm debating between the two right now

16. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

not really, I asked my coworker who knows about games and he said to get the pro (I guess more as a "future proof" thing)

I just wanna play Persona 5 and FF14!!

1 person likes this.
  17. penanceroyaltea

@Parker haha I thought u hated brown suits!

@nicelynice yea man I'm getting a PS4 just to play ff too.. I haven't played an FF game in years though... have been waiting for this one for forever..

18. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

This OAMC thing looks just like the logo my supermarket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Through I recognized it somewhere.

Has anyone successfully gotten their Grailed fee refunded? Every time I cancel an order, I email them requesting refund but never receive a reply.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member