• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced slow response times from Gentry lately. Great store and generally good customer service, but I've had a few instances now where my emails have gone ignored. I'm usually not shy to give a call to the store, but sometimes when life is crazy and you need to email, it would be nice to get a response at least within a few days right?

Last edited:

Zassiliss

Reaction score
I really like the eco jersey fabric tee's from Alternative Apparel--don't shrink and dry pretty quickly.

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Anyone tried the epaulet ts?

I refuse to buy from uniqlo/H+M/zara/etc...

BadGrammerKid

Reaction score

I've had sizing consistency issues with J-Crew and Uniqlo t-shirts pretty frequently so I've been looking elsewhere for go-to t-shirts. DSTLD has some nice t-shirts with a more modern cut and nice washes. They are cut pretty slim and long though, so not really that great to wear with just jeans or shorts but good for layering. I tried some Buck Mason t-shirts recently that I was pretty pleased with. If you look past the cliched "timeless, updated classics" copy on the website their t-shirts are pretty nice. Fits and drapes nicely and has a curved hem and good length. The neck opening is a little tight for my liking and the sleeves are maybe a bit short, but otherwise pretty solid. Both are around $30. Not sure what other options are out there that are reasonably priced. John Elliot looks nice but no way I'm paying $100 for a t-shirt.

Anyone tried the epaulet ts?

I refuse to buy from uniqlo/H+M/zara/etc...

I haven't personally tried Epaulet tees but a good option for both of you to try might be Everlane tees. They're $15-20 a pop depending on if you want a front pocket and they're made in the US! I love Everlane's transparency pricing also, which is a plus if you don't like uniqlo/h&m/Zara due to working conditions issues.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Everlane's tees are pretty great now. The standard solid ones are satisfyingly long and don't shrink at all if washed on a cold cycle and hang-dried. The newest cut is weirdly slim, though, so I'd recommend taking a size up.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Yeah, Everlane's tees are pretty great now. The standard solid ones are satisfyingly long and don't shrink at all if washed on a cold cycle and hang-dried. The newest cut is weirdly slim, though, so I'd recommend taking a size up.

Damn, wish they'd bring back the u-neck now that they've fixed the cut.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huh that gboard is pretty good, though the emoji search mostly doesn't work for me. thanks for the heads up shah.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
What about that warning when you activate, sounds suspect af.

boozwah

Reaction score
I haven't personally tried Epaulet tees but a good option for both of you to try might be Everlane tees. They're $15-20 a pop depending on if you want a front pocket and they're made in the US! I love Everlane's transparency pricing also, which is a plus if you don't like uniqlo/h&m/Zara due to working conditions issues.

Everlane looks pretty good standard option. What's the deal with the cotton crew vs the premium crew? Looks like the sizing is completely different.

I like a t with a slight u-neck or a curved hem, but usually they are significantly pricier or cut too aggressively.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to my favorite fast food res taurant and the windows were so nasty I cancelled my order

JSAN

Reaction score
Grana holds up pretty well, old cut goes all loose, the new one with reinforced seams shrink one size so size up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads