1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

what type of coat/jacket excatly tho? i tried it with ma-1 bomber (not good due to the raised collar clashing, peacoat (closest thing to look good at) so what other jackets/coats it actually looks good on?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  2. jet

jet Senior member

The cardigan is the jacket.

1 person likes this.
  3. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

but its got no damn pockets. it's an isabel benenato one from FW 11-12.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. msg

msg Senior member

Why do you need pockets? Are you a butler?

1 person likes this.
  5. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

[edit] um pants

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  6. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

my jeans look bugley when i put my phone/wallet in one and the keys in the other. also gets uncomfortable walking.

so im guessing i gotta get some sort of overcoat. hmm.

7. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

If you put your phone and wallet in your chest pockets you will cut down the bulk bigly

3 people like this.
  8. msg

msg Senior member

Or just hire someone to stand 5 feet behind you and carry your stuff

9. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

is anyone willing to proxy an instore drop in tokyo for me? in return, i can be your USA proxy. or i can just pay you for your trouble

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Didn't realize the prevelance of these lowball offers til I broke my shit out of storage and put a bunch of stuff up online. Jesus people are crazy

6 people like this.
  11. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

Hey I'd like to get your guys' opinions on styling overcoats with these sneakers:

[​IMG]

So far my top style candidates are:

1) Something similar in texture/fit of Engineered Garment's Chester Coat:

[​IMG][​IMG]

2) Sleek, minimalist silhouettes of APC/Our Legacy/Acne Studios etc. That kind of coat:

[​IMG]

I'm leaning towards the former styles as it seems like the latter types may clash with the sporty/technical style of the shoes. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Ideally I'd like something similar in texture to wool and isn't uniformly colored. It seems like fast fashion brands, e.g. Zara, Urban Outfitters, etc, have coats in the style I'm looking for but from what I've read, their coats are of low-mid quality.

12. msg

msg Senior member

Grailed is designed to generate sales; volume makes them money. They'd rather have 100 sales for $50, every policy is designed to create a sale, at any price

13. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Looking back at my trip last month, i spent over 100$ on incense most of which is kumba. Great for when they dont have XL tall boy size, at least you can kop the smell.

edit sorry bought in tokyo.

14. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Really want to put a couple of jackets up for sale, including a TOJ moto, but anecdotes like this always give me pause.

Anybody got opinions on if a consignment shop is a viable option? I know the average shop will surely take a cut but would going consignment help avoid all the lowballs, or would it be the same as a lowball once the store takes its cut?

15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Damn StyleForum. Every time I see someone use DT for Donald Trump on Twitter, I just read "Dumb Threads."

1 person likes this.
  16. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

On the other side of the coin, it's also annoying when people ask for way too much for things. There are a couple of Frozen Waves knits up for sale that I'd be interested in if the sellers weren't asking >50% of retail for a five-year old used item. I see a lot of ridiculous shipping quotes, too.

17. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

someone more versed in the science of economics please correct me if i'm wrong, but grailed is a market place just like any other and as such prices generally reflect the laws of supply and demand - if we find that our item isn't selling at a certain price, then the market is telling us that the price is too high.

i'm equally as frustrated with several of my experiences, but when i think of the alternative - selling at buffalo or consignment - i realize i'll still likely make more on grailed than i would at either of those locations because at least with grailed i'm reaching the target audience (w/ exception of major cities like nyc, la, sf, etc. where consignment will def reach other fashun people...def not here in DC!) which affords me a relatively higher price.

in my own recent online selling experience, i offloaded a pit-stained Supreme raekwon/elmo t shirt for ~$200 (cost me $30 at the time) but I can't sell an AKOG button up for $45 (cost me ~$200 at retail). just depends on the demand..shit is frustrating, i know...

2 people like this.
  18. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

I use a consignor (who happens to be a Styleforum member) and it's really nice. I simply ship a big box of stuff to him and a couple months later I get a nice check.

Obviously they get a sizable cut, but they handle all the measurements, photos, questions, haggling, shipping, eBay fees, etc. I've been impressed with the final prices—usually more than I would have been able to get were I to sell things myself. Recommended if you haven't tried it and hate selling stuff.

19. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Size/pics? :embar:

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member