1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. jet

jet Senior member

I know that feels bro.

I was driving late one night by dodger stadium switching lanes and as I looked back at the road checking my blind sight i saw something go under my car and the jolt slowed me down instantly 10mph. I pulled over when I could and looked underneath from the front and couldn't really see anything though I didn't have a flashlight. When I got home I inspected from the rear and there was a fucking crushed opossum wedged above my exhaust piping and the chassis. It smelled like wild boar bbq sizzling on the piping. The next day I took it to the dealer and asked my buddy complaining of the smell to have one of the techs look at it pretending I didn't know what it was LMAO.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

That's pretty damn funny … I'm pretty sure pHiSh wrote a song about your mishap!

"I was drivin down the road one day…. and someone hit a possum!"

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  3. the shah

the shah Senior member

[​IMG]

Lovely stroll to work this morning. But somehow my Drake's white linen pocket square fell out, probably blown away by the wind into the river :(

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    9 people like this.
  4. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

do you work in an enchanted forest?

edit: 4est

13 people like this.
  5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Morning soundtrack. The new album is really good, btw, but now that's over and I'm on to the oldies.

8 people like this.
  6. troika

troika Senior member

After thinking on this a bit more... Maybe Evan Kinori?

1 person likes this.
  7. PaperSaurian

PaperSaurian New Member

I'd love to see someone work these into a fit.

1 person likes this.
  8. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Any Margiela experts happen to know which season/iteration of 5 zip this one is?

[​IMG]

9. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

It appears to be fall 2015. I've never seen tags of the newest fit though. Older versions had comm to denote the season.

1 person likes this.
  10. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Do you happen to know how heavy the leather is? Wanting a fairly heavy duty one (that one I bought from you awhile ago @baltimoron was a bit too big)

11. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

No experience sorry. From what I can recall though, some of the newer fall versions have a quilted lining inside, so they might be warmer but not sure if that's what you mean by heavy duty.

dunno if you need more pictures but this might help

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h242212277

12. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Appreciate the help!

13. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

While we're on the topic of leather jackets, I just wanted to give a heads-up here on the SW&D side that we're doing MTO leathers with our new leather jacket maker James Grose. This is something we offered at the Proper Kit trunk show this past weekend, but now we're hoping up orders online until EOD Sunday. I figured I should let you guys here who might not follow our thread know about it.

We had briefly talked about them earlier but here's the gist: British leather jacket company, taken over by a Japanese crew 2 years ago who updated things with some cool leathers and styles, but still made in their East London workshop. It's nice stuff, and selecting a leather jacket maker is not something we rushed into (as you can tell by it taking us a few years).

[​IMG][​IMG]

All of the details are here in our thread, and I'll spoiler that content below so as not to fill up this thread.

JAMES GROSE LEATHER MTO

There is a lot to unpack here, so bear with me. I'll try to keep things as simple as possible in this SF post, as the bulk of the information is on the order pages.

What you need to know before you begin:

• Three styles: "Manila" double rider, "Kansan" band-collar double rider, and "Clubman" cafe racer
    • Sizes from 34 to 46, although we only have measurements from 36 to 44 for each of the three styles.
    • Two horse options - the two that we already have.
    • Two cow suede options - the two that we already have.
    • Two soft lambskin options
    • Nine cow leather options of various colors and types
    • Many, many linings including tartans, quilted ones (!) and sherpa (!!)
    • Some of these leathers are very limited in quantity (for example the colorful cow leather options are limited to 3-4 pieces at most) but we'll keep things updated as to what is no longer available.

We're keeping pricing very simple, with half now and half later. The horse and cow are the same price, and the suede and lambskin are the same price. Be sure to use code PREORDER15 for 15% off your pre-order.

Click here for the horse or cow order page, and click here to see swatches

Click here for the suede or lambskin order page, and click here to see swatches

Some food for thought from the JAGROSE lookbook but I'd love to hear what you guys think would be a good makeup.

Brown horse clubman with quilted lining? Brown suede kansan with sherpa lining? Blue lambskin Manila?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

At this point I wonder if my Alden tankers are paying me as they are 6ish years old and have been my only boot. I'm glad I got black as its gone well with my changes in style...

3 people like this.
  15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

The pricing on those James Grose is fantastic...

What do you prefer, the horse or the waxy cowhide?

16. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

While I'll probably want a hefty boot to go with the insurrection, I have to give a shout out to the new Vans "Lite" series. Got a pair of the monochrome dawn blue slip-ons. They are like walking on marshmellows. Very comfy.

17. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

Vans have always been uncomfortable for me so this is very appealing. Thanks for posting as I'd have never found out about them otherwise.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Wore vans lite almost all summer.

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Still feel terrible about this election, so I went into CE.

Yup, nope. *retreats back into cozy, warm womb of random fashion thoughts*

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    10 people like this.