1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Thinking of getting a pair of 18oz "shark slub" denim from Japan Blue. Really cool texture with blue and khaki colored thread, soft despite its heavy weight. Beautiful color.

Any idea how this will fade? It says fast and hard fading on the description, but the guy in the store said it wouldn't really fade, but I might have asked him if it will transfer onto clothes or maybe it's the same word and I'm confused

https://www.japanbluejeans.com/en/item/?c=zoom&pk=161

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

i think naked & famous did something similar called dirty fade, which is basically what i would expect those to end up as

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I just looked those up, and they look like the "core" of the thread is brown? These have a khaki colored weft (I think i'm using these terms right).

I found a couple other pants with a brown weft, and they seem to just fade white, but no other ones had this much brown/khaki visible (hard to tell from the pictures, but they almost seem to alternate between blue and khaki). The slub level is off the charts. Maybe I should just buy them and find out!!

edit: here's better pics. Says it will fade fast. If anyone is looking for a unique pair of jeans in a heavy fabric, these get my vote!

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info...B0626-Heavy-Slub-Weft-Khaki-Selvage-18oz.html

edit: here we go, looks like they're called "godzilla," not "shark" overseas haha

http://imgur.com/r/rawdenim/kNQnc

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Looks kind of like the N&F Kakishibu (the persimmon dyed one), but slubbier

[​IMG]

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Nice. Let us know if you get them - I had been eyeing those because of the loose/tapered fit (which I have and like), but then forgot about them. I really like how wild the texture looks, though.

7. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

By the way, the High Tapered came in on Friday and is the best fitting denim I've had. The higher rise is awesome. The fit is looser than I'm used to, but not baggy, and is incredibly comfortable. Good call on them Synth.

14.8 oz. "Twisted Weft" is a great weight going into fall/winter too.

1 person likes this.
  8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Blueowl has them as well FWIW.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

My problem with the high rise tapered is that my thighs really fill out the thigh area so going from a tight 12-inch thigh down to a 6.75 leg opening just doesn't work... Same with most jeans. I'd like a pretty straight fit with a bit of stretch..

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There are two solutions to this:

1) More attractive - do a lot of squats.
    2) More fun - eat a tone of noodles, pizza, chips. Drink soda.

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Yeah, some of the tapers these days are very extreme

12. troika

troika Senior member

Yeah like was said, if you want prescription lenses you take the frames to an optometrist who then sends them out to a facility that will custom make lenses for your frame. Usually takes 1-2 weeks. Then the optometrist files that claim with your insurance, etc. I usually go this route bc it's much cheaper to find sunglasses on sale or on ebay and replace the lenses than to buy straight from the optometrist

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea.. Sort of want to just go back to Sugar Cane 1947.

At this point I could probably not squat for a good 8 months and still move a decent amount of weight. I've always had easiest time with leg growth. Having built legs is a weird silhouette... shits slim through the waist, balloons out by the hip flexors, gets even larger around the quads, back down slim to the knees, back out for the calves, back in for the ankles. That's why I mostly wear 5" shorts now adays..

14. myshoeiswet

myshoeiswet Senior member

How warm are bless hood coats?

15. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

^Just picked up the Bless book with a bunch of their store fronts in it.

Does anyone make denim that fits like the Etautz pair a couple pages back with more slubby denim. Not really big on Chimala since it's hard to find in Australia, would I be better off oversizing repro pairs?

16. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Bless makes the coats in a variety of fabrics, from like light cotton to heavy wool. Are you asking about one in particular?

17. myshoeiswet

myshoeiswet Senior member

yeah whoops; the melton wool one.

18. accordion

accordion Senior member

I think there's a third option with big legs which is to wear loose or straight cut pants with bulky shoes.

19. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Bless hoodcoats don't have insulated lining to my recollection (mine is about 3000 miles away right now so i can't check) so they're not going to be super warm, but yeah melton wool should still be decently warm. i've worn my cashmere one in the worst Denver has to offer and it's held up

20. hennree

hennree Senior member

COS womens over coat, right? Caught my eye too recently in-store, tried it on but didn't really work for me.